Sunday, December 20, 2009

One Hundred Ways.....


Hello my Dollies! Can you believe that today I am posting my 100Th. post! Imagine that for just a minute. Going on two years, once a week, I have had something to share. Triviality and minutia being the most common topic.

It may have been an old memory for laughs, love of a pet, vacation updates, a missed Grandparent story, a random observation or pet peeve, or just a good old rant and rave session. Two times I have attempted non-fiction--something I would like to do more of. But you were there for me.

I have found this all to be fun, challenging, bittersweet at times--and a bit narcissistic. The photo's are fun and the closest thing to being a model a chubby 5'3" girl can get! Venting and remembering is also my therapy and escapism. Sometimes the old days just seemed better, even though Carly Simon reminds us that "these are the good old days." Better strive to make my days richer and fuller. Perspectives get clearer when put into words.

Which brings me to you, dear reader. You have taken the time to read and follow me on this little journey of self discovery. You have put up with my run in and on sentences and miss spelled words--before I discovered spell check. I love and use slang liberally and you tolerate! It was you (Walking Man) that suggested I use paragraphs. Good call, my wise sage. But I still have trouble getting the post to actually post the way I have written it. You have been my family, when at times I feel like an orphan in this city. I have purchased art thanks to Lana via Charles. Some of you are old friends and some of you are new friends. A wise prison educator worries the hell out of me. I have a lovely friend in India who shares her interesting life. Even weird Chinese guy found me, and left his little comment--in words I cannot understand and feel I definitely do not want to! I give a special hug and kiss to the ever gorgeous Michelle who inspired me to try to tell my tales. xo I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you and have been honored that you respect me and my 'little blog about nothing'. I have been likened to Elaine on "Seinfeld" many years ago! You have commented constructively and supportively (and very cleverly-Erik) and for this I am so grateful. How fun would it be to talk if no one listened?
Wishing you all the merriest of Christmas. Be safe and warm, reverent, loving and joyful. May visions of sugarplums dance in your heads. And may you wake in the morning to write about it. Love and kisses, j.

9 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Yes, finally finally finally, Christmas is fast approaching. Three days of teaching this week and then I can relax.

Hope your holiday is filled with cheer. Let's hope for an economic recovery in 2010 and future blogging.

Charles Gramlich said...

It's been a good time. I wasn't here for all 100 posts but I've been a regular for quite a while now. Merry Christmas.

rosegarden said...

You have done a great job. I enjoy reading them and being your part time photographer has been fun. Have a wonderful Christmas season and a wonder 2010. Keep blogging!!!

the walking man said...

Fraid I have to call bullshit on the "chubby" thing you hottie you.

Enjoy all that comes to you the next few days a Jodi and look no further than your mirror to find the beginning of the wonder of the world you inhabit.

Erik Donald France said...

Hola Jodi, congrats! It's always a joy to visit here. And what a gorgeous photo, to boot ;->

Happy Holidays and yes, let us each rejoice in waking another day, and another, and another after that . . .

Anonymous said...

I truly hope all your dreams for Christmas come true…

Hope, peace and love…

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey gorgeous,

You inspire me every single day! I love and admire you more than you'll ever know. And your pictures are lovely and I always look forward to seeing you in various places and poses. I'm going with Mark and calling bullshit on the chubby thing. I know the hotness that is Jodi! Merry Christmas, beautiful!

Erik Donald France said...

Marry Christmas, Jodi, to you and yours!

jodi said...

JR-Relax-you deserve it! I wish for the same. Charles--Thank you for your support. You are the real thing! Roses-I love that I can always count on you for so many things. xo Mark--You are so kind. Coming from you, this is so cool, cuz I know you to be a no bullshit kinda guy. Your support is precious to me! Erik--thank you babe, for everything! Let's keep on truckin' in 2120! Winters Reaper-Welcome! And thank you for the sweet wishes. Back at you, dear! Michelle--U give me a tear girl. You continue to encourage and inspire. 2010 is the year we FINALLY get to meet up. Like the good old days! I look forward to seeing you so much. Lets do it! xxo Erik-All the best to you, too! xoxoxo to all of you wonderous people. I love having you as friends. xoxo