Sunday, December 27, 2009

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch...




Hope you are all enjoying this faboo Sunday. Had a wonderful Christmas that included my parents and brother. We were able to visit friends for some cheer before sitting down to a sumptuous dinner. Mom and I attended mass that rounded out the day and the season.

Yesterday was spent at my darling sissy in laws (and brother in law, too) house for more of the same with Cheryl's Pumpkin Bread being my favorite thing!

So now it's that lovely day where I had intentions of going out but a day spent in pajamas ruled. The real world can wait. Mulled over gifts, ate popcorn for lunch, read and took a nap with Lola. Ahhhh, such peace.

Tomorrow brings a brief return to normalcy for a few days. Then New Year's Eve will descend and we hope to be skiing if we get a little more snow up north. Please do a naked snow dance if you are able!

Then the real routine settles back in. I always enjoy the quiet of January and general lack of activities. Got LOTS of books to get to.
But for now, I'm gonna heat up leftovers and maybe take another nap. Works for me. Hope everyone is having a sweet, peaceful day. We get so few of 'em! Wishing everyone the best holiday ever. xo


7 comments:

the walking man said...

How far north and how much snow because if it's to close I am not doing the dance.

Charles Gramlich said...

When you teach, January is a wild month, the start of the new semester. Not particularly looking forward to it, but I'm glad I have a job to go to.

Erik Donald France said...

Sounds totally fun, hopefully with spirits included. Must remember egg nog next year, myself ;->

Here's to more snow for skiing -- three cheers!

Cheryl said...

Was good to see you too sissy! I think your friend the Walking Man likes to do naked snow dances!

JR's Thumbprints said...

As soon as 2010 rolls around, my students will be telling me "it's just another day in the joint."

Here's to next year, cheers!

rosegarden said...

Happy new year to you. Hope it is a great one for you. Have fun in the snow however you choose to do so!!!! Give all the pets some love from me.

jodi said...

Mark-get down brother, I don't need the snow locally! Charles-the sooner you start, the sooner it'll be summer! Erik-I too, keep forgetting the eggnog! Three cheers (at least) to you, too! Cheryl-WM is a little reluctant! JR-I truly pray and hope for a better year. How can I read your blog? Last night it was restricted. Let me in, OK? I would miss you. Rosees--U know I will have fun. I will love on those critters right NOW! xoxo to all in 2010!