Sunday, December 19, 2010

Run, Run, Rudolph.....

Let the indulgence begin! After dinner with friends on Thursday, a party at Andiamo on Friday and then a house party with friends on Saturday, can I just tell you, I am fried! Food and drink in abundance always marks the season for me. We saw a dinner show on Friday and were lucky enough to see the Scinta's perform. This talented family provided lovely holiday songs and gut splitting humor that can get you in the spirit faster that you can say 'Rockette'!

I have a shopping/lunch date (Toy's R Us, beware!) with two little girls tomorrow followed by another dinner party. Tuesday brings another lunch and shopping party with my godchild--more Toys R Us! Wednesday we host our annual employee party, and on Thursday we hit the road to Ossineke, to spend some time with my family. We have my nephew's Christmas program on Christmas Eve followed by Christmas Mass. On Christmas Day, we head to Ann Arbor for yet another family celebration. When we finally get home later, we can relax and exchange our presents. Whew! Kinda reminds me like that movie, "Four Christmas's" where the nerves are tried to the extreme in the name of Noel. To those of you lucky enough to have family close by, I envy you. The rest of us will participate in the Christmas Road Rally. I think friends of mine headed to Hawaii on Wednesday have the right idea. Maybe some day...sigh...

So dear friends, pray for the safe return of the Skelton children that have been missing since Thanksgiving, and for safe travels for those of us on the busy highways. Enjoy your holiday and take the time to remember the reason for the season. Have a joyous, happy, holiday and Merry Christmas, good friends. xo

P.S. Me and galpal Kristen snapped a pic while taking a break from the madness to enjoy our Detroit Lions pulling off a win! Must have been our fabulous cheerleading! I think our record now is an astounding 3 and 11! Whoo Hoo!!

7 comments:

the walking man said...

Travel well and be safe. That is just too much levity listed for my dark old soul.

Charles Gramlich said...

All that excitement would make me tired!!

Heff said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, Jodi.

rosegarden said...

have a wonderful christmas!! Another fun Christmas lunch!!!Give my best to your family. Safe travels!!

JR's Thumbprints said...

I'd cancel Christmas if I had to travel that much. Thankfully I've only got two places to go: The Pointes & home. Enjoy your holiday and layoff the eggnog.

Erik Donald France said...

Merry Christmas, Jodi! Three cheers & a salud~ bottoms up ~

jodi said...

Mark-it was alot for me too. Charles-I AM beat. Heff-Same to you and Miss Donna! Rose-Mom n me LOVED the wine! xo JR-you are lucky! It was the libations that got me thru! Erik-same to you. My favorite toast is 'bare bottoms up', altho not really appropriate for the season. Maybe New Years Eve? Thank you all you beauties for the support and attention this past year. See ya'll in 2011! xoxo