Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heart Shaped World...




Happy Valentines Day. I will not get into the fact that hearts, flowers, chocolate and champagne are a few of my favorite things. I will not apologize. I will use any excuse or day to celebrate these things and love doing it. Whatever, how ever. And like we used to say in the 70's--do your own thing, baby....
A very special sa-mootch to two of my very favorite valentines who just happen to be celebrating birthdays on February 14. First, my Gramma Iola who is 97 years young and as fabulous as ever! Your doing great, Babe and we all love you very much! Then to my favorite little furbag, Lola Simone who is 6 years old and the best nap buddy in the world. You have my heart.

And lest I could ever forget, YOU my readers who give me the time of day each week and take a moment to comment. I smile at each and every one. To my special Valentine blogfriends, who's blogs I visit and comment on--I feel like I've known you forever. You entertain, educate, and amuse me and I thank you so much. Why do I feel like I am accepting the Grammy? Cuz it's an honor-that's why! Love and hearts to y'all. Now go eat some chocolate and drink some champagne with someone you love. And don't forget to stop and smell the roses...xoxoxo

9 comments:

rosegarden said...

happy birthday to a very special grandma Iola. She is great!!! She makes us feel young!! You and chocolate are very close!!! A little champagne and roses is always right!! Have a wonderful day.

Charles Gramlich said...

That was a pretty sweet appreciateion. And happy bday to your grandma! 97! whoo hoo.

joni said...

Jodi , Happy Valentines Day to you and I cant wait to see you guys this weekend !!! Hi to Randy and Dane and Happy Birthday to Lola !

the walking man said...

Right back at ya Jodie..Lawrence Street Gallery is going again this Friday?

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, that sounds good to me all around -- celebrations and libations and everything in between!

JR's Thumbprints said...

Heart shaped world indeed, remove the "H" from the front and place it at the back: eartH.

I'm trying to play catch up with my blog friends, trying to stay in the loop. Peace.

Mona said...

Thanks Jodi. Happy ( belated) valentine's day too. Also Happy Birthday to Grandma & kitty!

tattytiara said...

Cheers - it's always so refreshing to see somebody talking about Valentine's day fondly!

jodi said...

Rose-My Granny said to be sure to tell you hello! Charles-why thankee! Joni-I loved catching up with you. Wish it could have been longer..Mark, thanks and I hate to have missed you read. Maybe I'll get a 'private'. Tee hee...Erik-You always put things so perfectly! JR-peace on earth? Mona-thanks--I love Valentines Day. Tattytiara-Welcome and thank you. I that your kitty? Have a great week friends, and think spring for heaven's sake! xoxo