Monday, January 14, 2013

Ho Hey...

My doc begged me to get the flu shot.  But did I listen?  Oh no, my dumbass knew better. I got one last year, but the needle was so big, I swore I'd never get one again. (wuss!)  My pharmacist offered to do the poke, but I again, declined.  Thanks, I got this.  I told him that I rarely get the flu and even then, I usually shake it in 24 hours.  It's a good excuse to nap and eat ice cream.  Not the influenza virus he says, shaking his head-much worse and possibly fatal. So on Thursday, when I felt the headache emanating from behind my eyes, and and overall achiness coming on, I knew I had made the wrong decision.  Shoulda bit the bullet and took the damn shot.  By Friday, I could not get out of bed.  Ditto for Saturday and Sunday.  And Sunday was 64 degrees!!!  And now, just to add insult to injury, pnemonia has set in.  What a mess.  So, today, looking like 'Night of the Living Dead' and 'Zombie' combined, I trudge my weak ass back in to the doc who I allow to give me the 'I told you so.'  He chews me out for not coming in earlier, but HELLO Doc, I could barely sit up, much less find my way in here!  He then pulls out a syringe with some crazy elixir, promising me that I will feel better yet this afternoon.  Scripts for Tamiflu and the Z pack will have me sittin' up and takin' nourishment by tomorrow.   Hot damn!  Lesson learned.  Next year I will for sure get the shot and get it over with.  Losing a whole weekend is just not worth it.  Not to mention my poor, sore lungs.  Lola has been ever vigilant in support of naps and puts up with my near constant barkin' like a seal.  So please, hear my public service announcement and GET THE SHOT! Have a great week, and stay healthy for goodness sake.  xoxo

6 comments:

the walking man said...

So I guess no coffee date this week eh Jodi. I could go ha ha I just let them shoot me whit whatever whenever because I trust my doctor but I won't.

I will say that we have been being vaccinated for every damn thing since we were children and Salk got rid of Polio--(shaking finger in your face) You should know by now that if they are your doctor and have been for a number of years they would rather you not contaminate their waiting room...unless of course you don't trust your doc which raises a whole new set of questions Jodi!

But But I am a bad ass healthy chick! Yeah that's what the aliens thought in HG Wells War of the Worlds.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear about all this. I hope you get better soon. I got some short version of the flu this Christmas but it wasn't too bad. Pain in the behind though.

Erik Donald France said...

Thanks for the warning Jodi ~! Hope you recover "right soon" as is said in Dixie.

My folks got shots in NC.

Many around in TX also have flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, all of it.

Here's to rest & recupe ~!

Erik Donald France said...

p.s. cool photo, too.

goatman said...

Oddly enough, even with the shot you still had a 40% chance of getting a dose of the flu.
You worked the odds and lost - hello Vegas!

Damn, now I must type the "two words" , actually one is a number.

jodi said...

Mark, You know I AM a healthy badass! I WILL listen to my doc next year for sure! Coffee very soon-I miss your big hairy self. xo Charles-the short version is the right version! Erik-You have been warned! This flu sucks! R n R is where it's at, Babee! Goatman-I didn't have great odds- that's for sure! I'm back in fightin' form.... Have a great week everybody. As always, I appreciate you all. xo