Monday, January 21, 2013

Stairway to Heaven...

Hey Babes!  Are we living in the Arctic Circle or what?  It is frigid out!  My Mom and my sister, Lisa, are here and we are shopping to redecorate Lisa's restaurant.  Decorating and all that it entails is one one of my very favorite things to do.  But, as we check out JoAnn Fabrics, Lowe's, etc. and load up the t
ruck, we are surely freezin'!  But it's a process, and one I enjoy.  Fabric swatches, paint samples, and accessories are my thing-but this weather does inhibit the process.  Down jackets, scarfs, and mittens are simply more clothes than I care to deal with!
 
Today is my Dad's birthday.  He would have been 79 today.  I have thought of him on and off all day and it helps that my Mom and sister are here to share memories. We have had lots of laughs thinking of Dad and how impatient he would have been with all of our messin' around.  Hope heaven is providing him with a good euche game, a strong Manhattan, and a meat and potato dinner. A big hot fudge brownie sundae would be his perfect ending.   A Tiger game where they take the win would top off Dad's perfect day.  So, Happy Birthday Dad!  Hope your day is a wonderful sunny 75 degree day.  Oh, and Happy Martin Luther King Day.  Keep your dreams alive.  xoxo  Stay warm my Muchachos-winter is here!! xoxo

4 comments:

the walking man said...

Jodi...I hope your wishes for your dad to be reality. But yesterday my friend was T shirt weather compared to today so I hope ya'll got everything ya' needed.

Charles Gramlich said...

Pretty cold down here too, although not as much for me as for the others I see around me. Your dad sounds like he was an awesome fellow.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Jodi, you gotta love the crisp air, great for running outdoors!!! I skipped the flu shot this year and have felt great; even dodged the bug when my parents were both sick with it. Hope all is well.

jodi said...

Mark, thanks for the thought. It's supposed to be 60 plus tomorrow! Yippee! Charles-Dad was a cool dude, for sure! JR-my asthma gives me a hard time this time of year. Happy to hear you are running without problem, cuz I know it is your therapy. I am well, dear. xo to my guys-u r the best! xo