Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reunited...

...And it feels so good!  On Saturday night I had the big pleasure of hooking up with some old friends.  My girl/doll friend, Therese is on the far left and I never get to see her enough.  Kids, life and geography make it so very hard.  Other friends, Jeff and Sue are a husband and wife band with musical talent all day.  Back in the day, Therese and I were single chickies that loved going out and hanging with 'the band'.  Okay, we were and are groupies.  And I am talking waaaayyyy back.  31 years to be exact.  How can that possibly be?  Years ago they rocked it hard, but on Saturday, at Rosa's the show was 'unplugged'.  By my special request, Jeff and Sue played and sang, "The Girl from Ipanema"-in Portuguese!  And it was fabulous.  Thanks to my sister, Lisa for hosting us all for an awesome dinner and show.

And the point I'm trying to make?  Friends.  Good friends.  They simply erase time.  It was as if nothing had changed at all.  We were all, well, young again.  Carefree and giddy and anxious to catch up with each others lives.  And I always wonder why the people you would love to see more of, you can't, and the others are part of your daily life.  It's simply not fair.  But who said it life would be?

So, I'll just take the sweet moments and memories any time I can grab 'em.  I think that's part of what makes them so special. 

Sound good to you?  Have a great week, my friends.   xo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

good to get together with compadres

the walking man said...

Amen to that Jodi.

Erik Donald France said...

Fabulous, Jodi ~ and great pic ~!

jodi said...

Charles-Oh, yes, it is! Mark-It was soooo cool. Erik-thank's dear
! Love to you three. xo