Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Riptide...


 So long till next year to my beloved Keys after an extended annual Sloth, Indulgence and Debauchery Tour.  It is the longest time I have every been away and I am happy to have slipped out on March and half of April!  But, as usual, I am happy to be home.  As a creature of habit and a true homebody, I'm most happy here.

But it sure was a good time.  Gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.  Daily happy hours and fresh fish.  Laughing with friends and family.  Sleeping with the warm salt breeze blowing on me.  Reading all afternoon without guilt.  Observing incredible flora, birds, and ocean creatures including the biggest starfish (modeled my darling mermaids, Lexi and Elle!)
 I have ever seen!  And how wonderful it was to spend Easter Sunday hanging out at the sandbar with 'my ass in the water and my toes in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand'!  Yes, life was certainly good that day! 

But I'm home and content.  Also blessed and grateful.  xo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds heavenly.

the walking man said...

I would that I could find a comfortable way to travel and feel secure in leaving this place unattended for more than 2 hours.

*meh* I have my memory to sustain me.

jodi said...

Oh, Charles it was! Mark-Memories are what I am creating! Hugs to you both, my Darlings!

Erik Donald France said...

Lovely, Jodi ~ yay ~!