Monday, January 11, 2016

Ziggy Stardust...

You may have remembered that last week I was back in the E.R. with severe stomach pains.  After futile testing, once again, I have learned a new word.  Are you ready?  Idiopathic.  The definition is this:  A disorder with an unknown cause.  The docs just cannot find an origin for this pain that I keep experiencing.  Even with advances in medical testing, sometimes there are things just cannot be explained.  Fabulous.  So I will accept this possibility and pray it doesn't happen too often.  My 'condition' solidly roots me in the category of unsolved mysteries.  Who killed Marilyn Monroe?  Is there truly a Bigfoot?  Where is Jimmy Hoffa?  Bermuda Triangle?  The Sphinx?  Pretty good company, huh?

In other stunning news, I got to spend a wonderful afternoon with my surrogate son, Tony.  As Dane's college buddy and later roommate, we share a strong bond in our love for him.  We started out our visit by taking Mickey for a stroll around the hood enjoying a mild, sunny day.  We then went through Dane's vast and varied album and c.d. collection.  I had promised Tony this music a year and a half ago.  Slowly we looked at and inspected each of the albums that were carefully preserved in special 'sleeves'.  Each of us shared stories about time spent with Dane being the d.j. that spun the vinyl for us.  We marveled and laughed remembering how he would make us listen to specific mixes and educate us on the musicians and their history.  From classical to early punk, Dane's knowledge and passion was amazing. 

I then dug out some pics I came across recently.  Dane, Tony and baby Mickey from back in the day.  Slowly we reviewed  them all with eyes searching for clues.  What we found was happiness and hope.  And love.  That explains the pain in my heart.  xo

R.I.P. David Bowie.  Get up there with the rest of the band! 

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Glad it isn't very frequent. I was also sad to see David Bowie go

the walking man said...

I can think of better ways to spend a day--but they are damn few. Reflection and looking back are always good days when they bring laughter and joy from great pain.

jodi said...

Charles-Thanks. I'm usually a pretty tough cookie! Mark-That was it EXACTLY. xo