Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Red Hands...

You know what's frustrating?  Me eating my stupid salad at Sonny's BBQ while across the table, Randy is suckin' down ribs, chicken, mac and cheese, potato salad, cornbread and redneck egg rolls.  Lickin' his fingers and MMM mmm mmm'n all the while.  His weight hasn't changed in the 24 years I've known him and I, well, struggle with the battle of my pudge.  Randy's theory is that I just should eat what I want and not worry about it.  I just may give it a try.  The whole injustice of it all, drives me nuts!

Also frustrating is that fact that I lost my new eyeglasses either at Sonny's or in the rental car on the way back from the keys.  No one has turned them in.  So much for the 'honest people' out there!  Also, as of late, I cannot find two of my favorite sunglasses.  What the hell?  I don't know if losing things has to do with getting older or what but some days I fear I am truly losing my shit!  I think I just have to slow down and be more mindful.  But it sucks...

Writing this blog has been very trying this week also as Blogger has a new look and it took me days to find the spot needed to pen this little rant.  I finally, 3 days late, figured it out. Grrrrrrr....rrrrrr.

What's not frustrating is the support I get from you all as I navigate the trivialities of my life.  Thank you all.  Have a day filled with the good things.    xo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Rather than go all in on Randy's menu why not be diabetic about it and have those foods you deny yourself when you are on track and would not beat yourself up for eating them? Losing shit--sorry Jodi, just a fact of aging. You either attach your shit to your neck or clothing or replace your lost shit until you have so many pieces of shit that you can leave on "wherever" and pick it up for use when you get there. (no I can't find anything good in losing 25% of the pension)

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd have a hard time resisting at least a few ribs

jodi said...

Mark- I know-it's just my struggle. Aging is not for sissies, that's for sure. I just hate that the bod and the brain are going at the same time. It's injustice, I tell ya! Charles-Randy loves some good ribs, too. Has no problem polishing off a whole rack! Have a great week you two. xo