Monday, December 11, 2017

Step into Christmas...

On a blustery Sunday, dollfriends Kristin and Susan and I bundled up (note the warm lid) and made our way down to Eastern Market to take in the Holiday Market event.

  We got inside as quickly as possible and spent the next couple of hours browsing the vendors.  Always a sucker for soap, I scored some locally made, organic bars that will make my shower experience transporting.  I shrieked with glee when I saw a t-shirt locally printed that featured Diana Ross and the Supremes.  Anyone who knows me, knows my affinity for concert tees of shows that I've been to.  I saw Diana in 1983 at Cobo hall and she was, and is, a legend.  There was a young teen selling redone cigar boxes and I purchased two for jewelry or what ever.  I just couldn't resist them or his earnest sales pitch.  Locally crafted clothing, jewelry, baked goods, purses, and art were all ours to admire.  It also happened to be a Santa meet and greet, so there were very sweet babies and toddlers dressed in holiday attire to get their wishes heard and pics taken.  Christmas consumerism at it's finest! 

When thirst and hunger got the best of us, we made our way up Woodward to one of my favorite spots.  If you haven't had the pleasure of Union Street Café, I totally recommend it.  A bellini with grilled lobster and cheese sandwich was the perfect warm up.

Filled with Christmas spirit, I resolved to decorate my mantle and get the tree up.  Yessiree, right after a little couch time, I'll get right on it.  Or not... 

Warm hugs, my friends.

3 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, groovy ~ love the Eastern Market. Still haven't tried Bert's Jazz place but it looks intriguing. Understandable on concert shirts and yes on Union Street -- Dragon's Eggs, Mad Anthony Wayne and all . . . good stuff ~ ! Happy Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day ~ !

Charles Gramlich said...

soap? Hope you didn't see Fight Club. :)

jodi said...

Erik-You totally get my vibe! Bert's is a hoot and a holler and I love most of the eateries around there. Roma Café is coming back, too! Peace to you, my friend.

Charles-Missed that one, but I still love good soap!! Goats milk, coffee grounds, etc. and I'm in! Merry Christmas to you and Miss Lana. xo