Monday, February 19, 2018

Dedication...

This gray and rainy evening suits my mood tonight.  As I try to make sense of life and mourn the senseless  killing of 17 students and faculty brought down by a fellow student that was undoubtedly mentally ill.  Tragic, incomprehensible and heartbreaking.  Innocent lives forever altered.  From the very air that they now breathe, to the colors they now see-life will never be the same. 
To the families that now must try to go on through an ache that will never go away, I share your pain.  To the parents that have lost a piece of themselves, I pray for the day the sun shines on your soul once again.  XO 

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It was so awful. Really knocked me down for a bit. I tried to write a poem about it but I don't think it came out well.

jodi said...

Charles-I think we are becoming numb to the horror. It's not natural. I bet the poem was good. Have a great week.