Sunday, September 20, 2009

What a Girl Wants....




Ahhhh. Home and recovering from our annual "Girls Weekend" which took place at the beachhouse this weekend. Yes, it is brutal. Like a marathon, but much more tiring. The same gang-more or less-converge up north, on this weekend, for a man-free get together.


Nine of us participated this year in the ritual festivities that started at my house on Friday with Grapetini's. Yes, cheers are in order as once again we have managed to get all together for a whole weekend! We then progressed up and continued the party at my sister-in-law and hostess extraordinaire. Cheryl passed out cocktails, tiaras, and t-shirts and the fun began. Later at Foster's, our dear friend Shawn, posted a welcome on his markee as well as a custom menu for us. We karaoke'd (a tortuous event, at best) and danced it up. Some nice guys at the bar even volunteered their time to be our bar bitches, cooks, masseuses and what have you. How very sweet and generous! Thanks, but no thanks!


The weather cooperated beautifully and we lazed in the sun and ate luscious dips and such and had, yes, more cocktails. Blue Margarita's being this years signature drink. Unfortunately, I have some blood work scheduled for Monday morning and this prevented me from too much imbibing--probably a good thing. After catching up on each others lives, the inevitable trying to figure out the male race became the topic. Now, we are not man bashers in any sense of the work. Au Contrair! We love 'em, but relish the time to share our war stories around the bonfire. One of the girls used to work for NASA as an engineer, and we all got an interesting astronomy lesson.

Wrapped things up today and headed home for a much needed nap. This old broad is whipped!

Side note! My all time favorite soap, "Guilding Light" has been cancelled. In production for 72 years (radio, first) it finally got axed. Up north, the show is like a religion. See, growing up we only had two channels, with CBS coming in the best. Hence, a gigantic, built in fan base. My 95 year young Gramma is a fan, with my Mom and I and Sister, too. We used to run home from school to watch it. The cast is like family even with the unbelievable story lines, used on soaps
Don't care. It was entertainment that brought us the glamour of all the latest fashion and hairstyles. Loved it and will miss it. R.I.P. Guilding Light... xo

14 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like you had fun, despite the tired on you got as a result. Sorry to hear about The Guiding Light.

JR's Thumbprints said...

A "man free" weekend? Are "we" truly that annoying? What'cha trollin' for?

Anonymous said...

I see you lost the shoes, I just can't believe you climbed up there wearing them.

Wil Harrison.com

Heff said...

You make me SICK !!! It's been raining here for 8 days straight !

rosegarden said...

glad you all had fun. Fosters has never looked better with all you lovely ladies there. Blue margaritas so good. Farewell Guiding Light. We spent many mornings watching it at the gym at 10:00 sweating on the treadmill. So long Reva!!!

Mona said...

did I hear masseuses???

Oh For one right now!....

Erik Donald France said...

That's a cool pic -- and post. I wouldn't mind a no-man-other-than-me weekened, myself ;-? Ha!

So, what songs did y'all cover via karaoke?

That's sad about Guiding Light, though I might barely be able to identify the show or characters; still, it's a sad thing to die thanks to (un)reality TV.

Cheers!

the walking man said...

Awwww man you had a girls night out and didn't call me? All my girls then are going to have out own girls night out. Yes they let me be one of the girls for a night. I draw the line though at make-up play and hair trimming.

The Peach Tart said...

I'm so envious. I badly need a girl weekend.

Anonymous said...

History of Girls Weekend

Started off as Hottie weekend,
Moved right on over to Milf weekend. In transition from Milf to Cougar weekend.... just promise to keep the tradition way past
Fiberfox weekend.!

I just might make it down there on my Scooter Store wheelchair.

Benjammin

P.S. That was B&K twirling the Tony Soprano Sausage. I didnt go.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I felt like this about the flintstones.

Cheryl said...

Well hello Precious, so glad to see that you wrote about our wonderful "girls only" weekend! I, just like all the girls, look forward to this weekend all year long. What better way to unwind then with a bunch of wild, crazy and yes, sometimes drunk women! And of course the blue margaritas were yummy as was my new favorite shot... the blonde bitch! Glad you could partake in my annual event!

jodi said...

Charles-I'm wiping my tears as we speak. JR-thought I made it clear that I (we) LOVE men. But need our girly time too. Trollin' for a sunset view in the pic. Wil-I could run a 10k in those bad boys! Hef-That pic was in August in the Keys, altho it's been gorgeous here. Rose-WE need Margaritas! xo Mona-It does cure what ails ya! Erik-I only did one song, Gretchen Wilson's "I'm a redneck girl", before retiring. I generally HATE karaoke. There was a dude there that nailed Tom Jones and Engelburt tho, making us ladies very happy. Cheers to you, too. Mark, I hate leaving you out. But, after a few cocktails, we would MAKE you dance...Peachie, I read about your recent adventure. I think we need to party together!Benjammin-we missed your usual stop by to stoke our fire(s)! Archavist-Please explain!? Cheryl-My darling, you are the best hostess ever! What out for those "blonde bitch" shots, they can be evil. xoxo to all and thanks for the support!

jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.