Monday, September 7, 2009

Party like a Rockstar....


Happy Labor Day to everybody. Hope this finds you all well and enjoying NO labor. It's officially the last weekend of summer--altho most of us will recall this past 3 months as "the summer that wasn't". Farmers Almanac predicts a long, warm fall with a Indian Summer in the works. Hoo-Rah! Hope they are right. Also the Detroit Lions make their bid to not come in last in the league. Rumblings are that they are much improved. We will see--and hope. GO LIONS!

Back on my "Titties and Beer" post I received some very unique comments. And I take total responsibility and ownership of them! I have a dear friend, "Benjammin" (cuz he makes the BEST music c.ds.) that wrote Me a little poem. I told Ben that Wil (WilHarrison) was taking all the lauds for best comments, so He got busy. It goes something like this:

Tata's and brewha's,
America's men magnets.
Their on platters called bra's,
and boomba's called Hawgs.
Their combo can't go unnoticed,
in a small town of Forrest,
with wolf whistles galore,
and many pour me "some mores"!

I have never had a poem wrote for me before and I am flattered to death. Nope. Dated some "Rockstar" types who never even penned me a verse! Hell, if showin' a little boobage was all it took, I can't believe it didn't happen much sooner! I had to ask what a "boomba" was and I thought the "Hawg" reference was in regards to an ill thought out time where my sister and law and I were bribed/betted on/dared/shamed into wrestling pigs at a local "Hillbilly Hoedown"! Don't ask--that's another post. And it seemed like a good idea at the time..... The "some more" thing applies to both beer and the delicious campfire treat known by the same name. Ben has been known to be our "S'more Bitch" and patiently toasts 'em up for us. Cool, heh? He also helps us imbibe in a Patron tradition--that he originated-- for important birthdays and such. What a guy! xoxo

So that is all for now. Oh. Thanks go out to Ben's parents, Denny and Margit for hosting their annual BBQ that we all enjoyed. Denny hooked me up with grilled chicken and a Bradour and I was a happy punkin. Margit's fresh tomato salad was perfection! A warmer, welcoming family cannot be found. (we won't get into the pear moonshine that Denny distills--yummy!)

Lastly, sympathy's for our blogfriend Wil who lost his dear Father recently. I have not yet lost a parent and cannot imagine his sorrow. Wil also posted a beautiful tribute to his Dad that is thoughtful and loving. Check it out. XXOO to Wil.















12 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Happy Labor Day to you, Jodi! The poem rocks in your honor and in general honor of what Waylon Jennings called, "guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women" ;->

rosegarden said...

The girls are now poetry, That's fabulous. We had a nice weekend too. Went boating with the kane's today. Also indulged in yummy treats at the Peach Festival. Let's hope for a warm fall.

Charles Gramlich said...

cool poem. Lana and I used to write poetry to each other all the time. Been awhile. I better get on it.

Heff said...

Hey, what did the Almanac say about this WINTER ?

JR's Thumbprints said...

Michelle knows how I feel about poetry--it deadens my already numb senses. But good for you. As for the dog--That is what is commonly known as a Labradoodle. You may even see me walking her on the bike path now and then. She's the world's friendliest pooch.

JR's Thumbprints said...

BTW, there's an interesting link at Motor City Burning Press regarding the Lions and the cancellation of DirecTV.

the walking man said...

Funny I always find my eyes ever drifting southward and to the rear.

Anonymous said...

Ahoy, mateys! This be a fair and true listing of words having to do with ships and sailing. (google time!)

With the bows supporting the skull/cross bones on the jack.

At the helm, innocent, sweet & chippy with mates cleaning the quarterdeck.

With the young ones thinking thole and the old ones thinking reeve.

Strong men thinking cabotage and thinking with their whipstaff while out in sea.

Benjammim

Mona said...

G Man is going to LOVE that dress of yours. ( No prizes for guessing why :D)

Someone wrote a whole book of poetry on me. But it was not a pleasant experience since I am not very comfortable with obsessed people)

Congratulations for the first poem dedicated to you :)

jodi said...

Erik--Right on, and Thanks for the compliment! Roses-Poetry in motion? Charles-get on that! Hef-Mild one, I hear! JR-I too, have trouble with poetry, both writing and understanding it. I guess I am just too literal. I am watching for you on the path, it's beautiful this time of year! Maaaaarkkkk.. Anon/Ben-I love it! Confess to looking stuff up, but FLATTERED just the same! S'mores next weekend?!! Mona-Hmmmmm. Now why would Gman like my top? Do tell! Wow on the BOOK of poetry! Amazing. But I love my little tribute!! xoxo to all

noisysmile said...

what a cute poem! There should be more poems about boobies in my opinion! They like to be appreciated! Can't say much about the beer though. I haven't met a beer I've liked yet. Although the pear moonshine sounds like something I would try.

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,
Thank God it's almost fall! Love the poem. xoxo