Sunday, September 27, 2009

No Rain.....


Hello all, on this perfect fall day and thanks for all the comments regarding "Girls Weekend." They make me laugh and I love that.
This weekend was considerably quieter than the last one. Spent Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market scoring fresh stuff for dinner. I made spaghetti and meatballs with fresh garlic, basil, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Learned that there is more than one type of basil. Even happened upon homemade organic whole wheat pasta! Cheryl's just-frozen corn and wine (she is the family vintner-and a great one at that!) finished it all off. Two snaps, a wiggle and a twist for me! Took our bloat (and one more glass) to the couch to enjoy our food coma.

While at the market looking over a honey display, I met-of all things- a giant, guitar playing bee. I kid you not. "Did you know that bees are the only animals that produce a food product for humans?" No, I certainly did not!
As you may know, I attract these characters like, well, a bee to honey.
After learning that he drives a BeeMW and more bee trivia, I shared my little diddy. What comes after "part Bee," I asked him. He pondered before giving the correct answer of "part A." I only had to correct him in the pronunciation. It's Par-taay, baby!! After some more fun facts and jokes, Biggie Bee moved on to his next victim. Wait, I called after him, I need a picture. He gave me permission to use it on my blog as long as it's family friendly. Moi? But of course! He complied like a good little bee and buzzed away, singing "Don't worry, Bee Happy." See ya around, Honey!

First thing this morning, we witnessed a "ghost freighter" cruising on the horizon. The fog made it all ghostly and beautiful. Just a few rays of sun trying to shine thru made it an image worth capturing. However, I forgot my camera, as I seem to do with so many things of late. Made pancakes with fresh blueberries and raspberries from the market. Yummy. Now Lola is at my elbow, reminding me that it's time for our Sunday afternoon "lay down". I will be reading an Alice Hoffman book that has me interested in people who have survived lightning strikes. Wild phenom! Gotta go, duty calls. Enjoy your day in whatever way! Hey Walking Man--I did a little rhyme! xoxo






11 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Bee Man, eh? Strange, indeed. Your cuisine sounds damned good . . . Carry on ;->

p.s. it's fun figuring out some of the filming locations for Hung, isn't it? CNN just had a bit on the Telway Diner . . .

Anonymous said...

At first I thought it said, "took our BOAT to the couch..." I was like, "What in the Sam Hell?"

Wil Harrison.com

rosegarden said...

did the bee sign a waiver?!! Sounds like a relaxing weekend. Hey just walked by the Lafaette Coney Island saturday which is in th opening of Hung. Love that show!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoooa that was a close call! Didnt you know bees have little stingers! Glad to see he didnt poke ya!

Benjammin

Charles Gramlich said...

Uhm, wish I'd been over for dinner. That sounds wonderful

I'm going to have to debate about that Bees as the only animal that produces a food product for humans.

What would you call milk?

Mona said...

I always find farmer's markets a little more expensive than some of the regular stores out there! But you get a lot of fresh and or4ganic stuff.

Yes there are many kind of basils :)

the walking man said...

Jodi...The whole of the recounting is a poetry. Now I am hungry for meatballs and pasta (angel hair) with some hiney...err honey afterwords

Cheryl said...

Hey Sista... glad you liked my corn. It's the least I could do since you obviously fed my man too! Miss you!

JR's Thumbprints said...

Your photo reminds me of the best Bumble Bee of all time ... drum roll please ...


James Belushi! The man had talent.

jodi said...

Erik-I do what I can. Bee Well! Wil-I love boats WITH couches. Rose-You are the one who needs a waiver. (Rose and I regularly harass the guys at work!)Ben-That woulda been an ouchie! I think that bee had a large stinger! Charles-Hmmm. I never thought of that one. I will reseach that and set that Bee straight. Mona-yes, a little more expensive sometimes, but do supermarkets have giant Bees? Mark, I say Honey, you say Hiney. Let's call the whole thing off! (honey/hiney--what's the diff?) Cheryl, It only would have better if YOU were there. C Ya for our adventure on Wednesday! JR-I read somewhere that Jim Belushi HATED the bee character. The costume was hot and heavy and he thought the skit was weak. I, however agree with you. It was some funny stuff.. To all of my lovelies, have a wonderful fall week. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi, great blog re: your girls weekend but what about your "REAL GIRLS" the Ossineke Girls we live love and laugh too. Have you ever thought about having an Ossineke Girls weekend we all have not seen or caught up in so long!!Everytime I see the movie with Demi,Rita,Rosie&,Melanie I think of you and us. Could this ever be a posibility?? xoxo