Sunday, October 25, 2009

No Costume no Candy..(yes, it really is a song!)


Happy almost Halloween to y'all. I know I'm early, but next week's post will be after the fact, and to quote the "Peach Tart", I hate to be 'tardy for the party'! (thanx, Peachie!) Anyhoo, note the pic of me last year dressed to impress as Beth from "Dog the Bounty Hunter". I just love Halloween for all the fantasies it can inspire. It's always been my chance and licence to cut loose! Went to a party at our friend Shawn's bar and mayhem (as per usual) ensued. I was forced to be on the job all night and many suspects were made to be frisked, questioned, and cuffed. All this after touching up my lip gloss, showing my badge and tossing my locks. It is a role I was born for! Same party this year and I am to this minute uninspired in the costume department. Any ideas? Stay tuned for updates.
What a gorgeous fall day! Fall always brings out the homebody/creative side of me. I have been an organizing fool and my closet shows it. Baked a cake and ate FAR too much of it. Workin' on a large painting even tho I'm not sure where I am going with the overall theme. Who cares? I just love working in color and how the time slides away as I do it. I met an artist once, (I will tell the story another time) who invited me to Paris to his villa where He would teach me how to paint. Truly and honestly. To this day, I regret just not going. What if I really would have been good?! Imagine my work in the M.O.M.A!
I have started tap lessons and am LOVIN' it! I have always wanted to tap and besides it's a great excuse to dress all 'Flashdance' style with off the shoulder torn sweatshirt and leg warmers. Nothing like a new 'get up ' to inspire--but Edyta Sliwinski need not worry! I had it on my Bucket List to tap dance with Gregory Hines in New York someday. Of course afterward, we would have hit a cool coffeehouse to discuss stuff followed surely by dinner and a few cocktails....He would have been stunned by how quickly I've progressed after a few classes, and I would have had to explained that even the smallest role in a movie where we tapped out a duet would be hard to squeeze into my schedule. I have since learned that He has passed. Don't know how that one got by me. He was an awesome tapper! R.I.P.
Tonight I am going to a drum circle event. I have purchased a mini djembe and even crocheted and knitted a groovy little carrying case for it. This should be interesting--and gasp! Hope I'm not scouted for a band! Rock star fantasies are hard to let go of. Again, too busy to tour. Maybe an occasional guest appearance, like at the Grammy's or something--if Jon BonJovi begs. Stay posted for news flashes!
It may be apparent that my LIFE is a fantasy. I love and prefer it that way. One day a year is not nearly enough for me. Make sure you stop by "Michelle's Spell" for great pics and ideas for costumes, drinks and such. She is the ultimate fantasy girl! Celebrate your Halloween or other fantasy in the way you dream about. Be safe and stop to enjoy a caramel apple--shot or on a stick--you pick! xoxo

6 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

I'm loving your outfit from last year looking all vampy and all. I am so wanting to do some tap dancing lessons. It's on my list and you've now inspired me. Hope you find just the perfect outfit for this year.

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana and I used to do a fair number of drum circles, until her arm started bothering her. After her surgery we'll see if she gets it back to normal and can play drums again.

the walking man said...

Stuck for a costume idea you say? I suggest you go as the pre-leaves Eve in the garden of Paradise.

Erik Donald France said...

You so crazy! Three cheers and Happy Hallowe'en every day and night! And painting -- go for it -- you may not be in Paris right now, but Paris can come to you.

JR's Thumbprints said...

My initial reaction to the pic was DEE SNIDER!!! You know, the guy from Twisted Sister. Sorry. Maybe my eyesight is failing me.

jodi said...

Peachie, u dig the costume? Charles-I can't wait to drum again. Mark-Only if you will be my Adam! Erik-Ahhh, Paree! JR-Ummm Dee Snider didn't have ummm the same 'things' as me. C U at Optimeyes. TeeHee! xo to all and thanks for your support and indulgence. I do love to be indulged. xo