Monday, January 25, 2010

The Secret of Life.....


Life. Wiki definitions are so scientific that I couldn't even apply it to my feelings today. Along with the cold, grey Detroit weather, comes a feeling that matches it.

My friend Rose's dear Auntie, passed away Sunday after a short but courageous battle with cancer. It was said that She lived her life her way--fast and uniquely. It could be said that she died in much the same way. Auntie passed with Rose nearby--coincidentally on Rose's birthday. Or maybe not a chance thing. Auntie loved Rose and wanted her to always remember her. It may have been her last chance to exercise a little control of her life. Rest in peace--and sympathy for Rose and her family. xo Circle of life--well I guess so..

A teary call from darling friend, Kara explained how two dear friends of hers were in a tragic accident on Saturday that took both of their lives. As young adults passing before the prime of their lives, our hearts break for all that they were and could have been. But mostly the life they will have missed out on. With deepest sympathy we know that the good Lord is happy in their company. Those left behind must carry on as best we are able. Such is life?

The Haiti tragedy reveals new atrocities daily. The orphans and babies kill my spirit as they suffer injustice that is unthinkable to me. Atho an earthquake is a natural occurrence, nobody will say 'that's life' about this one. I am filled with joy seeing the orphan's arriving to thier new families. Let's hope their new life finds them loved and comfortable.

So what can I do to make the most of my life today? I plan to fix a great dinner, tell my loved ones that I love 'em. And take time to breathe, reflect and accept "life". xo to all of you and may the goods outweigh the bads! xoxo P.S. thank you to the ever special Walking Man (Mark) who I hooked up with for coffee and convo. Dude, you give the BEST bear hugs! Soon, again... xo

PPSS-Ben, go play Farmville or take a dumb survey!!!xo

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the personal ways you've been touched by loss. The Haiti images are devastating. And so many people are trying to make politics out of them. It sickens me.

Erik Donald France said...

That's sad stuff. Warren Zevon said it best: enjoy every last sandwich. Sorry to hear. Cheers to you and Walking Man!

You've got a Chelsea Handler vibe going here ;->

the walking man said...

Lot of practice at the hug thing Jodi...a good hug cures tons of misery in an instant.

You are a wonderful coffee companion darlin' and have such interesting gossip to share about THEM we who we know that aren't here at the moment.

*wink wink* she'll never know!

Don't worry about tragedy it will be always another new one to replace the old one and in the end though life seem to be cut short it really only begins once that door is gone through.

we mourn for the living not the dead and that is as it should be. To them who have been left behind give 'em a hug and a pat on the back and let them know that you care.

Be Well.

Cheryl said...

So sad and tragic for everyone... especially the very young lives that have been lost. Life is too short and you never know when it will be your last day. It is so important that we tell our friends and family how much they mean to us... no regrets when u are gone. Love ya sista! You mean the world to me!

rosegarden said...

Thank you for ypur lovely words. They were very comforting duing a tough time. It is difficult to watch your family dwindle before your eyes. It makes us cherish those that are with us that much more. My aunt lived a crazy life. She always beat to her own drummer until her last breath. She remained true to herself always even when it was hard. I will think of her fondly every year on my birthday and I know she will be watching over me.

jodi said...

Charles, doesn't it just always have to get to that? Thanks you so much for dropping by..I know your schedule is hellish. Oh, and GO SAINTS!! Erik, Zevon had it right and he needed to with his untimely death. Yes, me and Mark do like our visits. You should join us sometime..Chelsea? That's a compliment! Mark-our gabfests are GREAT. And if SHE would get her butt back here, we could talk with her and not about HER! tee hee! It's true that tragedy is a test of faith. We don't get to know the answers till later. Cheryl, God it was horrible..I miss seeing you, when is it ever gonna be cottage season? xo Rose, it was a rough time for you and I am glad to be there in any way I can. We will celebrate on Tueday, both a birthday and a life! xo

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,
I'm so sorry about the recent sadness. Next time, I'm going to crash you and Mark's lunch meeting -- be prepared! xoxo, bad tiny always!