Sunday, February 21, 2010

When the Stars go Blue.....


In the news this week: A local couple with the last name of Weed is arrested for--you guessed it--possession of marijuana! Kwame cannot make his payments. (Make that WILL not make his payments!) The Detroit Tigers have signed Johnny Damon for one year for the small sum of EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS! Some consider it a bargain, while I consider it nuts, unless of course, Tigers win the pennant! Some idiot in Austin, Texas crashed his plane into an IRS building after being pissed off about his taxes. He took his life as well as an innocent person's. How very pitiful.. Sleazeball extraordinaire, Roman Polanski will not be able to accept his award at the film festival in Berlin because he is confined to his chalet in Gstaad for punishment for a sex crime committed 32 years ago. Really? I think old Romy better hire O.J.'s attorney! Oh, and how about 'the apologie'? Other than Tiger's wife and family, who was he speaking too? You don't owe me anything, dude.

I have enjoyed watching the Olympics, but am bored to death with both curling and luge. Uggggh.. Loved the skiing (go Bode and Lindsey Vonn) and snowboarding (yes Shawn White!). Even the men's figure skating with all it's flamboyance and hissy fits have been inspiring...

And as I write this on this gray, mid-winter day, I am feeling much the same way. The news has us bracing for another winter snowstorm. It's always been my theory that by now, we only have one more month of the nasty conditions till my tulips push thru giving us fresh hope for spring.

As blessed as my life is, I most always feel like this during mid February. Just kind of unmotivated and bluesy. So, any suggestions for books or movies? Comfort food or drink? Let me know, okay. I'm starting to feel like Michelle's (Michelle's Spells) Grouchie!

Love to all for your friendship and support. xo P.S. Happy Belated Birthday to friend, Kelly who celebrated this week. Congrats on the Kindle, babe! xo

9 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm feeling much the same. Hard to get motivated. I just feel like engaging in mindless things. Nothing I've read lately has been all that great. Much less any film I've seen.

Anonymous said...

I'm shovel ready!--J. Granholm

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the news Jodi! Geeze! I am waiting to go out into what looks like knee high snow right now! I'm over it all and ready for a new season. But I do love my Kindle! I am reading Pride and Prejudice right now. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions for you. I have read a few ok's lately that I can't even remember the names of.
Thanks for the b-day wiggle and twist! I am currently locked out of blogger, but will be posting mucho once they figure it out!

Kels

Cheryl said...

Hey sister... I hear ya about the February blues.... I am sooo tired of this winter mess and driving to work in it. Good books, well any Jodi Piccoult that's for sure! Movies... not much help there as I haven't had much time to watch them lately. I'm as ready for spring as you are sister. Now drinks... well I have tried the new Skinny Margarita at Applebees and found it to be very delicious! Think spring... and then summer and then blue margaritas! xoxoxoxoxo

the walking man said...

Jodi...With the exception of the Kwame?Riddle show there just ain't much to pay attention to until the yard work comes about in three or four weeks.

We can not have anymore snow this season, though it has been a light one sure enough. The old lady (not her fault)stripped the transmission gear in the snow blower. Bummer.

Heff said...

I have returned...to once again claim the moniker "Boobs And Beer", lmao !!

Mona said...

another storm! How many more still to go!

Erik Donald France said...

Kewel photo, Jodi -- and I second that post. Is Kwame still creeping around Dallas these days? If so, JR he is not ;->

All to do is soldier on, with whatver drink's at hand and go from there . . .

jodi said...

Charles, we gotta bust our ruts! Anon-so DO something, Jennifer! Kels-Get that new blog up, girl! Cheryl-I swear 'cottage dreamin' does help me get thru. Miss ya, babe! Mark, just wait till the stuff melts! Hef-Welcome back, brother! How do I get to comment at your site? Please amuse me! Mona-with any luck this will be our last one. Supposed to be warmer this week, so it will all melt. My old Gramma used to say that it always storms on St. Paddy's day, and she was usually right! Hey Erik-Guess we will always have Kwame! Pray for a little sun for me this week. It so improves my mood and proclivitie to alcohol! Have a great week, Dollies! xo