Sunday, February 7, 2010

When the Saints go Marching in.....


It's Superbowl Sunday and you know what that means! Yep. A great excuse to party! On a Sunday! Even after being a cheerleader for 3 years, I'm still quite vague about what is actually the point of the game. Then, as now, I was too distracted by the spandex! Now, as then, I will use it as a reason to wear a cute, sporty outfit and eat nachos and drink beer. Hmmm... Saint Jodi perhaps? It may be my only change at canonization. Maybe I could do a few 'Absolut-ions' for some sinning fans!

Having no actual team allegiance, I have chosen the Saints as my team du jour. This choice being solely based on my blogfriend, Charles, who lives in New Orleans and is an avid fan. Go Saints--make Charles proud! If our hapless Lions ever make it to the big dance, I will expect the same back, Brother!


We have been invited to two different parties and there promises to be crazy amounts of food and drink. I have numerous 'squares' on the football pools and am hoping someone tells me if I do, in fact, win a quarter! At halftime it will be fun to critique the overdone commercials. After a few cocktails, they may even be amusing.


Finally it'll be off to bed later and more indulged than anyone needs to be on a Sunday night. Monday morning it's all Trainer Tony where he will attempt to help me 'make it all go away'! Till next year.


So... Go Saints Go! Two snaps, a wiggle and a twist! Shaking of the pompoms! With a few high kicks thrown in for good measure! P.S. If the game is too dull, there is always "The Puppy Bowl" with "The Kitty Halftime Show" that is being simulcast on Animal Planet. This fun tradition boasts, "you came for the puppies, but stayed for the kitties!" What could be better than that?Get down, furballs! xoxo

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It must have been you cheering them on that made the difference! after all, they've never won a super bowl before! Thanks.

the walking man said...

I spent my Sunday not watching football but having a good time with all of the Talls.

Erik Donald France said...

That was a helluva great game and that's a helluva cool picture!

Cheerleader Jodi -- love it!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Jodi,

Thanks for the heads up about Ed. I think I got your email address right so let me know. As for your post, I'm all for Saint Jodi!

rosegarden said...

love your outfit!! great job Randy!!! Watching the Superbowl is fun to watch with friends and a reason to eat lots of snacks!!! Great job Saints!

jodi said...

Charles-Yes, it was all Me! Thanks for your vote of confidence! Mark-Sounds like a good time with the Dollies! Erik-Gimma a S-A-I-N-T! Whoo Hoo! Michelle, RIP to Ed. Prayers for Stacey. (Vodka benedictions abounded. And I've saved one for you, my long lost bud.) Rose-Thanks, Honeybunn! xoxo to all.