Sunday, May 23, 2010

SexyBack


Witnessed an unusual sight last night whilst out with my posse at the local watering hole. A handsome, confident young man sporting a beer advertising shirt while swilling the same beverage. He knew all the dirty words to the songs playing and worked out a mean 'dirty dog' with anyone similarly inclined. He fist pumped--hell ya, with his buds and did numerous shots of some vile looking green swill. So what, you ask, was so unusual? Seems just like any other Saturday night. Are you ready for this? He sported a fanny pack. Yep, the little bag that straps on at the waist and is worn with the pouch in front and not on the fanny as the name implies.

Hmmmm, I wondered as I watched him frolic with his homefries. What's up with that? Did I miss the memo that these things were being worn again? So, later when he sidled up to me and said, "hey, Mama", I seized the moment and said, "well hi there, fanny pack guy." "Ya got a pizza in there or are ya just happy to see me?" NOT! Well, that last part. That lame line would have disgraced Mae West while leaving the young hottie puzzled. He answered me with, "Oh this?" Yea, I got a lighter in here and some cherry chap stick if ya need some--I love this thing!" Well, okay then, guess that's that...Now move along...

Got me thinking how ludicrous is it that we pay so much money for designer and designer knockoff purses only to throw them on dirty car and bar floors when the fanny pack is cheaper and much more handy. Stays clean and we never forget it in shopping carts and the like. And considerably cheaper, unless you just have to sport a designer or a designer knock off of one of those as well. (HELLO ladies, Louis Vuitton has been dead for like a hundred years or so!)

I remember wearing one to Cedar Point once and to an Art Fair where I wanted to shop hands free. Now you only see them on seniors mall walking and at the flea markets in Florida. Another good idea gone wrong.

Unless you are a confident, handsome guy that just needs a place for his flame and lip jam! You go honeybun, cuz you rocked that look and may single handedly bring it back for all of us!








13 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

You mean to tell me "The Man Bag" is no longer in style? Sounds so much better than "Fanny Pack." And to think I forgot mine during my Cedar Point trip this weekend.

Charles Gramlich said...

Call me old fashioned, but don't they make pockets for things like lighters and lip balm?

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Charles, you may be a hottie, but put your necessities in your pocket. Or are your jeans too tight! Oh my!

See you this weekend!

steve said...

i once saw a guy wear one while spinning the wheel. i dont remember if he made it out alive. you need to be a mma fighter to wear one and not get beat. i agree with charles, pockets

Heff said...

I consider the term "fanny pack" a VERB, not a noun. Needless to say, I steer clear of 'em.

Erik Donald France said...

I've always been a fan of gadgets and sneaky hiding places, if not the "fanny pack" per se. Still have a passport holder that hangs around the neck and fits a small amount of cash or a plastic card, as well. It has come in handy over the years.

Cool card shot, there . . .

Mona said...

Pockets do take an upper hand!

That is a gorgeous picture of you!

Heff said...

SEXY FRONT !

jodi said...

JR-We call the 'man bag' a 'murse' now! As long as I don't see you mall walking with one! Charles-I know! His jeans DID have pockets! Kels-He actually worked the look! The tight jeans were cute! x Steve-I have been to the Wagon Wheel enough to realize the imminent danger of a dude sporting a fanny pack in there! Police WILL have to be called! Hef, C'mon be a sport! Or do you keep your lip jam in Donna's purse? Erik-I've been wanting one of those neck lanyards for my travel docs. It's such a pain to have to keep diggin' the shit out. Solitaire is my game! Mona-agree! And thanks, Dolly! Hef again-Cuuuuute! Too bad your old buddy isn't here to compete for the best comment in his old Big Willy Style! xoxo to all. Lubs and samoootches! xo

Anonymous said...

Visual Inspection! - The CSW

hannah jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
noisysmile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
noisysmile said...

geez I am sorry about all the deleted comments. I have been away so long I don't know how to comment anymore.

I am all for making the fanny pack stylish. Perhaps if Gucci made one they would stand a chance. Having the cursed word 'fanny' in their name certainly doesn't help their situation either.