Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to You....


27 years ago today, with the all of the usual hype and fan fair, I gave birth to my one and only child-Dane. I know!!! You are thinking, "no way could Jodi EVER have a son that old!" Tee hee. Well, we do things at a very young age up north! I will not bore you with all the gory details, just suffice it to say that after 24 hours of 'au natural' labor in a very cool "birthing chair" the awaited scream was heard for all the world announcing his entry into the world. It was the happiest day of my life.

Pictured here are Dane and his beloved mutt, Mickey at Ossineke Beach, a place of many fond memories.
My life would certainly never be the same without the crazy parental experience. And as a single parent, I could never have done it without the support of my family. Thanks to you all, especially Mom and Dad.
So now I am enjoying a friendship and kinship with my Son. We love many of the same books and food. He is FAR more political and news savvy than I, tho. But I am learning thru his patient (sometimes) tutelage. We cheer on our Tigers and view indy movies together. He is also an animal lover and talented musician and writer. Compassionate, smart, informed, and talented--I am proud to say that he is my Son.
Happy Birthday, to you Dane. May all your dreams come true. Love, your Mom xoxo


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sniffles! Awwww! Happy Birthday Dane, you have a GREAT mom!

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy birthday Dane. I too have a fine son, a few years younger than Dane, and I can't imagine life without him. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Damn! I can't believe you had a child at 12! Thas amazing!

Mona said...

happy Birthday Dane!

Your son looks great! I am still rubbing my eyes & reading his age again & again!

rosegarden said...

Happy birthday Dane. He inherited your beautiful blue eyes!!! You must have been a child bride!! He is a wonderful young man!

jodi said...

Kells, Thank you so much! x JR-You wish, babe! I love the Happy Birthing Day saying and will claim it as my own! Charles-You are so right! And thanks for the compliment! Will, Well hello stranger! Are you rejoicing for your precious Black Hawks? Next year watch out for those Red Wings! Mona, thanks, doll! Time flys, doesn't it? Rose-Awwww. Thanks. You have been such a good friend to him! Thanks for all the sweetness, my sweets! xoxo

Michelle's Spell said...

Happy birthday Dane! What a beautiful post, honey! Love it.