Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tiptoe thru the Tulips....

Something I've always wanted to do is take tap dancing lessons. As a child, I took years of ballet lessons from an elderly french lady who only spoke to us in french. Consequently, I learned very useful french phrases such as, 'point your toes', 'listen to the music', 'spit out your gum' and 'pay attention, please'! I have not yet made it to France to show off my language skills.

Anyhoo, now they call it a 'bucket list', and I am able to cross one thing off. Tap lessons with a full recital. Check. It was a fun thing to try and it made the winter fly by. I met some really cool ladies who had a similar goal as mine. I didn't bother to tell my instructor about my Gregory Hines dancing fantasy. I didn't need to see another misunderstanding eye roll!

So, on Friday night, along with darling little lambs, chickens, dalmatians, horsies, etc., 8 women of a certain age, dolled up and took the stage. We were able to dress as flappers and don what can only be described as 'Tammy Faye' makeup. (The children sport the make up look of the tragic JonBenet Ramsey style.) We made it thru the dance and shook our old asses for all the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts audience to see. Rose and I did our best parade wave to our adoring fans!

If you haven't crossed anything off of your list lately, I highly recommend it. It truly feels like you have conquered something. Next off, I think I want to try a Brazilian martial arts class. Wonder if I can wear sequins, glitter and Tammy Faye makeup? Hi-yah!

Y'all have a great week and work on that 'list'! xoxo

7 comments:

Mona said...

That tammy faye makeup sure looks cool!

Martial arts would make that run I guess :)

Charles Gramlich said...

I don't even have a bucket list. I better make one soon.

JR's Thumbprints said...

There'll be no bucket list for me; I'm cornered in my world, trying to survive another day. I'd rather have a lock in a sock and pretend I'm a helicopter. But tap dancing runs a distant second.

rosegarden said...

"full" make up and hair!! What fun!!! Plenty of gold and sequins and a few feathers for good measure!!! It made Thursday nites fun!! A few trips to Rosies after were ok too!. Our walk of fame will be imortalized on video. Glad I was able to share the experience with you. What's next on the list? Get the checking pencil out!!
Great job tap ladies!!!! We made Ms. Edwina proud.

Heff said...

DAMNIT ! At first I thought you said "Lap Dancing Lessons".

What a disapointment, lol !

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,

I am SO doing this! You look lovely. I'm all about the Gregory Hines White Knights fantasy. xo, Bad Tiny

jodi said...

Mona, you are right, gotta tone that down. Charles-Make a list, dude! JR-you gotta lighten up, and get the hell outta that joint! Rose-Didn't we have fun? Love it and loved doing it with you! xo Hef-those lessons are also on my list! Bad Tiny- you SHOULD do it and take along that Carol Burnett of yoga with you! Thanks for the support dollies! xoxo