Monday, July 19, 2010

This is How we do it.....


What a week, beginning with a surprising birthday post from the ever gorgeous Michelle! (Michelle's Spell) and ending with many wishes from family, friends, blogfriends, facebook friends and even Lola! Thank you to all. xo Makes an old chick feel downright special!!

Among the birthday loot I received, an Ipad and an easel, (thank you, Randy), are my favorite things! To quote Ellen DeGeneres, " I love my iphone, my ipad, and my ipod. I even like IHOP!" Me too! Can't wait to download books and read them on a large screen that is lighted with large letter options. Also the light on it will be so convenient for reading in bed. And when travelling, I don't have to haul books along or purchase them upon arriving. You know me--I judge the value of a vaycay on how many books I was able to read...So, yippee on the I pad! The easel, ah, the easel. I have always painted my canvasses on a flat surface, but lately find when I stand the pic up, that something is off in the proportions. The easel should be able to help with that, once I adjust to the inevitable learning curve. We shall see....

How about the news this week? The cap on the oil gusher is working! So far, so good. Let's hope that the collateral damage is something we can live with. No, pray. Praying would be better. And they finally caught the 'Barefoot Bandit'. I mean, really. A nineteen year old, barefoot dude that is a known petty thief. Until he steals 5 AIRPLANES!!! C'mon. And then takes his gig internationally. Passports, crossing state and country borders, renting a hotel, and committing crimes of pie stealing. And he is just NOW getting caught. Makes us look like idiots, for sure. The made for t.v. movie is gonna be a good one and he already has the perfect stage name.
"King" Le Bron will not be gracing our Detroit Pistons with his honor. He has settled his royal self with the Miami Heat and will be bringin' the heat for real. Managed to get Jesse Jackson's boxers in a knot with the slavery comparisons. I can't even go into the ludicrousness of that whole thing. Detroit is my #1 Team but since I am a part time Floridian, the Heat is my #2nd loyalty--as long as they don't beat our home boys!!

Whoops, he did it again! Our poor, hapless Kwame. Gettin' in trouble even while in the pokey. Now, his wifey comes to visit, and a embrace and a kiss is allowed. Sounds reasonable to me. Until the dumbass simply MUST grab her breast. Really? Ya, just had to do it, didn't ya? Couldn't resist, apparently. What was he hopin' for, a full conjugal right there in plain sight? What a goofball...

Strains my old pea brain, I tells ja..Shout out to my darling friend Kara, who underwent an emergency appendectomy this week. She is recovering and will be back to pimpin' diamonds at Atlas Jewelry soon. Kiss and gentle hug, to you, Diamond Girl!

Have a great week and pray to the Lord above that the humidity finally goes down. Enjoy life--a 'cold one' will help.. xoxo

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooo Hoo Got the Ipad! Enjoy!

JR's Thumbprints said...

I have a copy of the Michigan Department of Corrections "Sexual Misconduct" ticket issued to Kwame. There was talk about giving the ticket writer an "employee of the year" award. Some folks, no matter where they're living think they can do whatever they want.

An ipad huh? I've got a few ebooks I've created that you might be interested in. Does that gadget read PDF? I'm sure it does.

Charles Gramlich said...

We need Kwame off our planet. I'm considering getting an IPAD myself.

Mona said...

I did not know that an I pad was so many things :D

Great loot!

An Easel is the best thing. You can paint for hours if the canvas is up on one. I paint too...a bit..

Heff said...

Happy Happy !

P.s. White clothing really shows off tans, lol !

Erik Donald France said...

Oh man, Jodi, that's a lot of ground to respond to ! iPad and easel both sound completely cool. There's something great and old school about an easel. Oil -- so far, so good; bandit, you just told me a lot more than I knew besides his nickname; LeBron -- free agent, whatever he wants. Miami so it is. Kwame -- clown needs to be taken down for real on murder charges, along with his club-wielding wifey; appendix -- may the good Lord shine a Light. I'll hold on to mine as long as possible ! it was bad enough having tonsils and wisdom teeth taken out.

Stay cool, stay real, three cheers'

the walking man said...

Jodi I am so far behind...I missed your birthday. Jaysus forgive me...I was going to give you an Ime but the wife said no.

jodi said...

Kels-U know I will! JR-You should have dealt with K in prison! Such stories to tell! I'm still learning on the pad, but will let you know. Charles-He IS a big mess, and I can't wait to get started on the new gadget! Tell Lana she has some competiton-I wish! Mona-yes, it's quite a wonderous thing, as is an easel. U paint, too? Cool! Heff-yes white does certainly show off the impending skin cancer! Erik-aren't I just the little beacon of info? Juicy stuff! Mark-thanks buddy--yes I am old and it's cool. Feels good to truly exhale. xoxo to all of you, you make a birthday and everyday special to me. Luvs. xoxoxo