Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tequila!......




Hola mis amigos! In honor of National Tequila Day, witness myself and Cheryl enjoying blue Margaritas, made with delicious 1800. The other pic is my siesta on the beach....
So now we need a National day to honor tequila? Huh? What's up with that? Can we expect a day to honor every kind of booze, beer and wine available? How about grass, Valium and L.S.D.? Who deigned this great day? Certainly not Hallmark! I'd guess some tequila sellin' company, but as to which one or how they got the national nod--I haven't a clue.

But this I do know for sure. Tequila is evil. It is the devils brew and I have been tempted--and succumbed to-it's evils on more than one occasion. I remember as an eighteen year old legal drinker, ordering Tequila Sunrises and thinking they were the most sophisticated cocktail ever! By the time the orange juice gave you a good case of heartburn it was usually too late and the inevitable colorful 'rerun' was next. It would have helped to have eaten beforehand, but that never seemed a real priority. Us chickies preferred to sup AFTER cocktails so the groovy outfits fit optimally and maybe we could get some sucker to spring for a late meal. Not always the best laid plans, but hey, we lived and learned.

I have to say that tequila is a swill that is definitely worth spending the extra dough on. I have moved up from Jose Cuervo and Sauza to the much smoother 1800 and the luscious Patron. I love the coffee Patron on the rocks. Cheryl can tell you of a rather unfortunate incident 2 years ago where I proved that blue margaritas made with cheap tequila was a HUGE lapse in judgement. I literally risked life and limb and almost fell off the boat. Not to mention an overall 'lapse' of time. What a waste of 24 hours, as I now suffer the hangovers from hell. Get it? Devils swill directly associated with hell? NOT a coincidence...

So as I read up on the history of tequila it struck me that I really do not care. Who originally created it, where it came from, and the blah blah blah of it all. The lesson I learned, I learned the hard way. Trial and many errors. And in the future--just the good stuff, thank you very much!! P.S. for a good giggle, utub Pee Wee Hermans 'Tequila Dance'. It was funny then and it's funny now!

12 comments:

JR's Thumbprints said...

Now that's one drink I won't mess with. I don't care how good the quality is, or how smooth it goes down, it always always ends the same way - one massive headache. Still, I admire those who continue to swill it back like soda.

Mona said...

Hope some people will learn it not the hard way, after reading about your experience!

rum & coke or wine is all I have had. no wait, some vodka and gin & beer too!
And i discovered that i can handle my booze quite well!

Heff said...

Tequila and myself are mortal enemies. It makes me do BAD THINGS...

Charles Gramlich said...

One Tequila, two Tequila, three Tequila, Beach? Is that how it goes.

If Tequila makes Heff do bad things then I better stick with vodka.

Akum said...

Hey, found your blog at the Heff bar and grill.. Nice stuff you got here..

Tequila always make me do crazy stuffs!

Anonymous said...

Teh-kill-ya ruins your life.... I usually get nekked and pee on my flip flops. Then it takes 2 days to recover...darn mexican's must be laughing at us Amigo's!

BJammin

Unknown said...

Please tell me you didn't have a repeat of the original Blue Margarita Cruise?

Erik Donald France said...

That looks like real fun -- jealous!

Tequila about killed me in college, so yes, I'm with you, now it'd better be high quality stuff, top shelf and all that. At least some of the time, memory is a good thing.

Mona said...

Jodi I got a post for mark on my blog!

rosegarden said...

Tequila. We know what that did to me!!!!Never trust a blue drink. Give some good vodka and a cool mixer!!!

Mona said...

Happy Friendship Day Jodi!

jodi said...

JR-Agree, agree, agree! Mona-good for you girl! Heff-Me too! Tequila makes my clothes fall off! Charles, that is EXACTLY how it went! A.K. Welcome and thank you! I will be stopping by yours. Any friend of Heff's..Benjammin-U are most def of the Busch Light variety! Kels, I shudder! No, I am much more careful these days....Erik, twas fun indeed! Glad I can remember half of some of those addled memories. Mona-Love the 'Mark' post! Rose-how could I forget that fatefull night? Vodka it is! Mona- Happy Friendship Day to you too! Thanks for all the fun comments, gang, I love 'em all. xoxoxo