Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good Bye to You....


Coming to you as a tired, old chick tonight. Me and a few (30) friends got together this weekend for a girls night out kinda thing. We met at Weber's in Ann Arbor for dinner and then proceeded to the lounge. Our waiter, Josh, was exceedingly patient in light of the melee. My roast duck was luscious as was the wine. I hope the tip amply repaid his charming effort.

The lounge was packed and the band covered 80's tunes to a tee. I mostly watched the dance scene, but was too lazy to dance altho one dude with a jack-o'lantern smile did ask me. No judgement on the lack of dental care what with insurance is these days, just not motivated to get up on an already packed floor. Some Elvis looking guy in a suit was wandering around doing tricks such a floating a dollar bill in the air in front of him. I was warned not to make eye contact as then he won't leave the table. A woman told me that I looked hot. The 6'2' girl in the corner was a boy--or at least at one time was.
Had more than a few laughs and was happy to be in my plush room bed at 2:00 with my ipad. I tell ya, if you ever want a measure of time gone by, just embark on a night like this to completely solidify the idea. It used to be so easy. And now it's just way more effort.

Back at home, I made a giant chicken pot pie and lit the fireplace. I still have to process the weekend a little more, but this I know for sure. I am so happy that that part of my life is over. I couldn't swing it anymore and wonder how I was ever as good at it as I once was. Loved seeing the girlie's and am happy that we don't have to do it again for another year. As nine o'clock nears, I think I'll haul myself off for more sleep and ipad. C'mon, Lola it's time......xoxo

P.S. I'm excited for next friday night when I get to hook up with Mark (Walking Man), Michelle (Michelle's Spell) and JR (JR's Thumbprints) to hear their talent! Way more my speed!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great site. I enjoyed the surreal quality of this.
http://richardgodwin.net/

the walking man said...

Yeah and the boxed wine is free.


hahahahahaha

Charles Gramlich said...

I know what you mean. I can't do the party scene like I used to. Course, I doubt I was ever as good at it as I'm sure you were. :)

Heff said...

Damn that Walking Man !!! He's a lucky bastard !

Erik Donald France said...

Too funny, Jodi -- along the lines of not doing over-long drives in one shot. Pacing is wiser, let's say, saner, with gruels more sporadic.

JR's Thumbprints said...

I rarely leave the house these days, except to go to work; so I certainly can relate. I, too, am looking forward to Friday.

Mona said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! :)

rosegarden said...

sounds like a great time. Hey not that old!!! We do appreciate our rest after a fun night out!!!

jodi said...

Richard-Welcome and yes, it was very surreal..Mark-I'm on it! Charles-I WAS stellar at one time. Heff-I shoved some dude outta my way to get the big, furry hug! Erik, I totally agree. Pacing is my new reality! JR-lucky for us, most everything we need is nearby. Great job on Friday! Mona- It was a great evening and the 3 amigo's represented well! Rose, don't you just know it. A little goes a LONG ways these days... xo Have a great week darlin's.....