Sunday, November 21, 2010

Living in Fast Forward.....


Fall musings....

Had a wonderful time at the Lawrence Street Gallery on Friday Night hearing JR, Michelle and Mark do their readings. They were, of course, awesome. I purchased and got autographed books, from both Mark and JR--the rock stars that they are!! I am anxiously awaiting Michelle's novel to be in my hot little hands. It promises to be a stunner! After parties included drinks with the ever darling Michelle and co-hort and partner in crime, Cal. They are very tolerant of my gushing and asking a zillion questions about their lives. Michelle and I discussed the necessity of having 'palace approval' of all unauthorized photos of us. Yes, Lady Diana had the right idea. Ya just can't trust anyone to get the shot that doesn't include double chins and such. I have officially added 'palace approval' to my words that I will probably overuse!

The Lawrence Street Gallery is tucked in tight on Woodward, but is defiantly worth a drop in. The art and mediums vary and seem to be reasonably priced. I need to go back and chat with the owner a little more about some of the pieces...

I saw Martha Stewart (on the tube) with a turkey hand cutout and a glue stick. I shuddered and quickly changed the channels. It's going to be a very short week with the festivity of food looming. God save us, I'm gonna cook. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and I have much to be thankful for, everyone else can be thankful that next year will NOT be my turn....

Tonight is a 'blue moon'. When I tried to read and understand the phenom, I was more boggled than when I just used the phrase 'once in a blue mood', on occasion. I would watch tonight, but the moon is really just the regular cheesy color.

I have learned that friends Gary and Duane have adopted again, this time adding a boy, Arlo to sisters Avery and Addison. Congrats on the lovely family and I can't wait to get to San Francisco to visit! xo


Birthday wishes to my Mom this week, and her twin brother, my Uncle Jim. Sometimes her day hits on Thanksgiving which is truly appropriate. Happy Birthday Mom! Also I have an ice skating party to go to for friend, Elle. She is a doll and I have to get the appropriate Sonya Henie outfit ready to go!! Us Norwegin ice queens got to represent! Maybe a fur muff? A tutu? How about a fur Elmer Fudd hat. Oh yeah, I already have one of those..

I am considering paying my son off to to score a new television on Black Friday. There is no way in hell I'm trudging around half asleep to a big box store and dealing with that nightmare. Still workin' on that one....

So everyone enjoy your holiday and eat with abandon and if there are cameras about, be sure to get 'palace approval' on all shots!!! xo

9 comments:

the walking man said...

Where in hell were you drinking at because I was...well let's just say I was unable to find you guys.

Palace approval? Whatever? If it didn't fracture the lens it's a good picture.

Erik Donald France said...

Awesome! Sounds like a grand time~

I'm with you on palace approval. We "own" our images, personae and face to the world. I almost always de-tag "unauthorized" Facebook photos posted. Such usurpations sicken me ;->

This Blue Moon is, I believe, also the Hunters' Moon and The Full Beaver Moon according to various North American tribes.

Here's to a Happy Big Bird Week, Jodi!

Erik Donald France said...

p.s. Scratch that on the Hunter's Moon -- that was in October.

Cool photo, by the way :->

Charles Gramlich said...

I could certainly have used a bit of such gaity myself. Sorry I'm so far away.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Glad to have met you and thanks for the beer money! We went to the pub next door for a bit of intellectual discussion; I'm sure you, Michelle, and Cal did the same. Have a great holiday.

Heff said...

I'm likin' that shirt ! Bettie Paige ?

Anonymous said...

only ate at one house instead of the usual glutteny of 2. Didn't get any leftovers this year. Bummer!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

jodi said...

Mark, we went for dinner and then never hooked up. Let's get together soon. Erik-it was fun! Me too, on the FB thing. Too public! Moons/confusing! Charles-wish you and Lana could have been there. I would love to hear you read and Lana would have enjoyed the art! JR-No, thank you! Um, intellectual--not so much..Heff-Yes, it is the notorious Bettie Page. What a gal, huh? Anon-that's okay, the leftovers are overrated.. As we enter December, y'all stay warm and sane... xoxoxo

Charles Rinehart said...

Very entertaining blog. You are a very sexy and beautiful lady. And you look like you have a lot of personality. All the best.