Sunday, January 30, 2011

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend...


"A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girls best friend......"

Me and my dollfriends, Kara and Mandy are pictured here at a cocktail party hosted by Kara's family recently. Had a wonderful time doin' what I do best--mixin' and minglin', seein' and bein' seen! These two darlings are the 'diamond girls' at Atlas Jewelers and I would like to recommend them for all your jewelry needs. They are knowledgeable, creative and very helpful in choosing or designing all things blingy. And, obviously, they look fabulous while doing it. Find their new store at 23 and Van Dyke and stop in. Tell 'em Jodi sent you. xx

Word on the street is that we are in for a major snowstorm sometime in the area of Tuesday. A foot more snow is possibly on the way, so you know what that means. Yep, a total pain in the ass for all on the roads and maybe more school closing. If I was up north, I would love to be skiing in the fresh powder, but that will not happen in the middle of the week. So, get your bread, milk, candles and such and be prepared to weather another one.


By the way, the Miami trip (all 28 hours of it) was a total success. Got most of what we needed all picked out. I must comment that the cabbies in Miami are the best! They are so helpful and informative when it comes to showing off their city. Downtown Miami is much like our own Detroit, with it's beauty and danger all at one time. The art and shopping are crazy cool and I will get back there when I have a larger time frame to enjoy it. Till then, it's winter wonderland and countin' the days until spring.


Happy Birthday to my nephew, Dylan, who turns 17 today. The best is yet to come, babe.. xoxo


8 comments:

the walking man said...

I'd put all three of you diamonds on a ring or a pendant but then if I did that the store would be missing two diamonds and the po po would know who had 'em first time I wore it.

Uh Jodi, if there ain't no snow yet I would appreciate it if you don't call for it, but rather send it south to DC instead of the D.

But then either, or is cool my snow blower hasn't had much of a work out yet.

Charles Gramlich said...

Such an attractive trio of ladies. I didn't even see the diamonds. :)

JR's Thumbprints said...

I hope those diamonds are behind unbreakable glass; I've heard of a few unsuccessful "smash & grabs" lately; in that general area too.

Lovely pics (as always).

Anonymous said...

Look at you 3 Charles Angel's!
If it would of been Tom,Randy & I ....I would of been Curly...
Woob..woob woob!
Wize guy Aahh!

B-Jammin

Erik Donald France said...

Sweet. Hope all was weathered and diamonds treasured . . .

Topsy turvy weather, for sure . . .
but diamonds are pure . . . and, I believe, to illin' a cure . . .

Mona said...

That is a cool picture.

Sometimes i wonder why diamonds never appealed to me...

Snow storm! Whoa! Take care!

rosegarden said...

you are 3 lovely ladies!! Ready for the snow to be gone!! Need any little helpers in Forida!!

jodi said...

Mark, But wouldn't we have fun? Charles, thanks,dear! JR-Can you believe with all the store cameras that that still goes on? Ben, the Stooges indeed. Tell 'em Charlies sent you! Mona, lest you think we only favor diamonds! I love emeralds and rubies and generally sport old hippie jewelry of turquoise indian stones..Rose, I know, the snow does get old and it seems that it is all everyone talks about. I have had lots of offers to help in Florida, but you would be on the top of the list. I've personally seen your painting skills! Thanks everybody for the lovely compliments, y'all are too sweet. xo