Sunday, July 17, 2011

Long Hot Summer...




Hey friends. Sitting at Foster's Bar trying out my new laptop with Shawn's free wifi. Had a gorgeous weekend of the usual stuff that makes me happy and am looking forward to a week with some cool events, too. Forestville, Michigan is where I spend lots of lazy summer days before the crazy city life closes in. I love both places equally as it truly is the best of both worlds. But.... the events of northern Michigan DO differ slightly from my life in the city.


I want to share with you the plethora of possible Forestville activities as I see them posted behind Shawn's bar. Seems Kid Rock's Badass Brew is now available here. Good to know...The Kid does rock. Minden City is having a three day festival that includes the ever popular TRACTOR PULL! 6:00 SHARP, the action starts! Now, believe it or not--I have been to said pull and it IS a blast. The whole town plus some of us 'cityiots' show up and cheer for our favorite tractor or in my case, the cutest driver! Whoo Hoo! Go John Deere!


Parisville (Parisville?) Saloon is having their first annual Bike Run and Hog Roast, August 06. Too bad I will be chasing lobsters in the Keys at that time. You know I am attracted to those big, shiny bikes and maybe a little roasted pig to boot. And as a bonus, I can get out that old leather halter top! Ohhhhh, there is even a live band at 9 p.m....


And if that's not enough excitement, there is a 'Horseshoe Grudge Match' going on here at the bar. Inquire within for info. Not for me, thanks. I suck at horseshoes but can be counted on to cheer like a wild banshee. (again, for the cutest guy!)


A computer generated sign also informs us that 'The customers at Foster's Bar and Grill won $42,019 in lottery winnings in 2010'. I can assure you I was NOT part of that group and by a crazy co-incidence, that is almost exactly is the same number I SPENT on cocktailia, pizza, and such! Of course, I'd have to play the damn lotto game if I would expect to be included in that number, but I am way to busy socializing to pay attention to keep track of the numbers involved. Easy come, easy go...

And last but not least, an unpaid bar reciept from some goober who tried to pull a dine and dash after indulging in a few beers and Miss Emily's delicious pizza. NOT advised at this establishment. You will be exposed for your dastardly deed, for all us barflys to note.


So, as you can see, my options are very varied-many possibilities. So very much to consider for my tired, wine-soaked head. But a girl can dream. Of big green tractors with cute, farmer boys. Go John Deere! xoxo to y'all! Summer rocks here at Shawn's bar! xoxo



















5 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi,

all sounds good except for one thing -- I can't get excited about a Tractor Pull. We have those in North Carolina but shucks, why on Earth? Seriously!

Saw an Alpeena, MI sticker on a car in TX the other day . . .

Erik Donald France said...

Oops, one "e" too many -- Alpena . . .

Charles Gramlich said...

Kid rock's bad ass brew, eh? I'd probably try it. I liked a lot of his rock period. Not big on his new country persona.

jodi said...

Erik, it's all good-and this IS farm country. Isn't that funny that you notice 'Alpena' things now?? Charles-I know, I liked the Kid back in the day...Altho I DO like some country..Thanks for checking in guys-you guys are the greatest! xoxo

jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.