Monday, August 6, 2012

London Calling...

My friend Tim (yoga teacher/artist/musician/singer/writer and general renaissance man) called me recently.  When I heard his lovely bass voice crooning , "Hot time, summer in the city, back of my neck feelin' dirty and gritty", I did not miss a beat in answering with, "cool cat, lookin' for a kitty, gonna look in every corner of the city".  We laughed and  I spared him the agony of my singing the rest of this wonderful summertime anthem.  But baby, it's been hot!  I've heard we may go on record as having the hottest year ever.

And speaking of hot...how 'bout those Olympics?  My pic today shows my friend John Geddert with his gymnast Jordyn Weiber in London.  John had the honor of being named head coach to the U.S.A. women's gymnastic team.  Yes, it was very special to me to watch my old team mate as he lived the apex of his wonderful career.  John and I grew up together in Ossineke and competed on the Ossineke Gymnastic Team.  We then went on to the Alpena High School team where John excelled in the sport and I excelled in dating my teammates.  My girlfriend, Kathryn, also an excellent gymnast, (like John-not me!) fell in love with John and the two married shortly out of high school.  I stood up in their wedding.  That was 35 years ago today.  I find it so rare that they got married so young, went to college together, worked in a gym and then later opened their own business, had three kids, traveled the world with their gymnasts and then led up the team in London 2012.  Rare indeed.  And they still call each other 'best friend'. 

So, it is with deep pride that I congratulate John on his Olympic venture and with love that I wish both he and Kathryn 'Happy Anniversary'.  You two are the best of the best!  xoxo

I am so very proud of their love and talent-and GO U.S.A.!!  xo

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

That's very cool. I'll send my congrats as well.

the walking man said...

Must have been something in the water or air up that-a-way you ain't no slacker in the special department either kiddo.

Erik Donald France said...

Way cool, Jodi.

Hot time, Cities in the summer~

rosegarden said...

What a very special moment for them and to have the team win gold was the cherry on the sundae!!!!
congrats to all our olympians at the london games!! It was a pleasure to watch!! Gotta love the heat cause it sure beats the snow!!!

jodi said...

Charles-Thanks friend, it's been fun watching my old buddy. Mark-Have I told you lately that I love you? x Erik-It IS cool! The coolest thing since wine on ice! Rose-I plan to head south and avoid getting too cold! xo Have a lovely week everyone. xo