Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Like it...

How fabulous is it that it is finally spring in Michigan?  I've totally got spring fever!

 My dollfriends and I are enjoying the first bonfire of the season and you can tell by our smiles that we are happy, happy, happy!  Or maybe it's what is our cups...

My magnolia is bursting out with its gorgeous pink flowers and my irises are ready to bloom their snowy, while petals.  The nurseries are callin' my name as flats of perennials are ready to be purchased and planted.  I spend a crazy amount of time designing my big flower pots and am on the hunt for some large elephant ear plants.  Dramatic yet glamorous is the look I am aiming for!

And equally important, my lazy winter mood is finally lifting.  Yes, I think I suffer with Seasonal Affective Disorder.  Being in the Keys for five weeks almost saves me, but I still struggle to endure these gray, cold days.  I just feel like cuddling up and napping.  And most days I do.  Are y'all bothered in this way? 

I am carefully sorting thru books and loading ebooks, looking for beach reads in preparation for long, lazy afternoons in my hammock where I plan to escape into the world while enjoying the one I am present in.  It's heavenly. 

Seems like most of us are breathing a sigh of relief as we anticipate about 7 months of lovely weather.  It's what makes Michigan worth hanging out in!  I love it!!

Gotta run, dearies, they have pink flamingo's on sale at ACO with my name on 'em!!! 

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Enjoy! Our magnolias are just starting to bloom here too.

the walking man said...

What happened to last years flamingos...they fade or fly away?

jodi said...

Charles-Just wish they lasted longer. Like my lilacs and tulips, they are gone too soon! Mark-They DID fade! Gotta get some new, hot pink ones. Fading magnolia trees and pink flamingos. What is this world coming to? Have a great week, Dolls. xo