Monday, November 18, 2013

Hit 'em up Style...(oops!)


Can I admit to totally having a girl crush on D.I.Y.'s  Rehab Addict, Nicole Curtis?  Totally.  Oh, yeah, she's my kinda girl.  Originally from the Detroit area, now living in Minneapolis, Nicole buys and restores old houses to their former glory.  The show follows her through all phases from purchase to sale.  I admire all the tools she can run and the projects she tackles, all while sporting rockin' boots and cool 'Detroit' gear.  As I demo'ed my bathroom this past week, I had to wonder WWNCD? 

 In my own personal reality show, my bathroom was coming along nicely.  But this rehab addict needed a break.  Numerous trips to Lowe's and endless Amazon shopping for fixtures had me beat.  Tired of running up and down a ladder and inhaling drywall dust, a hot bath and a good book sounded perfect.  I was just scraping the primer off my elbows and gel stain off my fingernails, when the 'call of duty' came.  Girlfriends want to party!   Now this project demands some real action.  Buck up little soldier!  Faster than you can say 'chrystal chandelier', I snapped that ladder shut and gave myself a little makeover.  You think that was easy?  Oh hells no, probably the biggest challenge of the day!

A little glamorous chicky confab and a few cocktails later, I was as good as new.  And a few jello shots didn't hurt the cause any either.  Laughing, catching up, and a pic or two with my beauties, was the perfect ending to the week of very unglamorous bathroom hell.  Girl time can do that.

Later at home, I looked in on my half done bathroom and smiled.  And as I kicked off my boots, and ditched my hat, I knew I'd be back on that ladder again tomorrow. 

Nicole Curtis would be proud.  xo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Pleased...with the hat or that you know how to open a ladder and NOT wear a dust mask?

Charles Gramlich said...

Hard work is it's own reward? Or, well, if it leads to booze? :)

jodi said...

Mark-Proud. I said she'd be proud. Charles-You can't believe how hard I can can work with just the promise of a small reward! Have a wonderful week, you two.