Monday, February 17, 2014

Better in Stereo...


Hello Darlings! What a week it has been!  I love to use "holiday's" as post prompts and this week is a real lulu.

We celebrated Valentines Day on Friday and that is so overdone and I've posted on it numerous times-so I'm taking a pass.  That day always makes me think of a special little valentine named Michelle, who absolutely ABHORRED said holiday.  She would, however, eat the chocolate. xoxo

Presidents Day is also today.  My non political ass has no right to even venture a comment in that arena.  You are lucky to be spared my incredible ignorance.

It's also a day for a little known 'holiday' called National Sisterhood Day.  Okay-now, here's one I can get behind!  On Friday night, I sat at my sister's restaurant and watched in amazement as 180 people were greeted, seated, and served drinks and luscious dinners.  The place was jumpin' and was running as smooth as a chocolate martini.  This totally ties in with National Entrepreneur Day which is exactly what my sister is.  In addition to the crowd that was served, Lisa had to turn away 200+ diners due to such a full house!  She has grown and built her restaurant into a legend, and of this I am very proud. While I love working with people (sometimes!), I could never handle the dollars and cents of the business like she can.  Putting together her creative menu would totally boggle me and I fear my best offerings would be in the libation department.  All hail the chocolate martini!

And last but not least, it's also National Random Acts of Kindness Day.  Now this gives me cause for a pause.  Yes, I do little things...I give out food and money to people I see living on the street, and I try to smile when someone cuts in front of me at Kroger.  I hold doors open for elderly people.  I feed a stray kitty and even built it a little house to get out of the cold. I keep my son in M&M's.  But, really?  That's it?  My husband will anonymously pick up tabs for some family he sees out to eat.  My brother in law will randomly tip a waiter or cab driver in Mexico, enough money to make a real difference in their lives.  But me?  I can't remember when I've done something 'randomly'.  This I intend to work on.

Have a great week.  Stay in love.  Be grateful for our country.  Call a sibling.  Do something kind-randomly.

 And if all else fails-eat some chocolate!  xoxo

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

It's good to do little things for folks. I'm sure I don't do enough though I do some stuff. Happy "all these" holidays!

jodi said...

Charles-We do what we can, I guess. You and Miss Lana have a great week. xo