Monday, February 24, 2014

Really Bad MF...

As mother nature decided once again to shake up her snow globe, Jim, Mark and I hooked up at Timmy Ho's for coffee and convo.  Kismet it was that allowed the three of us to be able to punch a small hole in our lives and make time to get together.

 I arrived first and watched Mark come thru the door all snow covered and looking like an off duty Santa Claus.  We had our traditional-albeit wet-hug.  Soon after, Jim strolled in and graced us with his gorgeous smile.  He tolerates me throwing myself at him for a squeeze.

After the usual weather observations, we got down to the business of catching up with each others lives.  Mark is fighting chronic pain and the frustration of Detroit politics, as they directly affect him.  He mostly is content with observing life around him while enduring some painful losses of friends and family, and one special little doggy. 

Jim is on his own new life adventure and he has never looked better.  As things in his life have ironed out, his eyes are bright and he is able to see the humor and irony, better than ever.  Tales of his teaching inmates petrify me and I can't wait to see him safely retired.  But his social life stories are hilarious.

So what does a world weary poet, a buff prison instructor, and an aging party girl have in common?  Nothing and everything!  We wrangled an innocent bystander to snap our pic and I was prompted to make my usual 'rose between two thorns' observation.

Three hours passed like minutes.  Till we meet again my friends, I'll think of you often and with a smile.  xoxo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

what is that on Mark's face? It almost looks like a...smile! Surely that cannot be. :)

the walking man said...

It's the way I brush my anti polar vortex defense mechanism. But on the other hand you'd smile too knowing that after 9 months you were among friends who had no agenda other than coffee and catch up.

Thanks Jodi-Jim.

mark

jodi said...

Charles-Mark WAS smiling! Mark-I lovelovelove it when we can all get together. Totally worth venturing out in the worst winter Detroit has seen in awhile. Let's do it again-sooner than later. xo

Erik Donald France said...

Jodi, fantastic and wow, that is a great picture ~!