Monday, February 10, 2014

Look at You...

Last Wednesday, February 05, marked my anniversary.  Or rather my 'bloggiversary'.  Happy 6th to me!

On Sunday, I printed out the last 3 years of posts and carefully put them in binders.  I have 6 books that hold all my essays.  All 314 of 'em.  I blew through 2 colored ink cartridges in the process!

 Yep, for  6 years, once a week without fail, I have posted something that was on my mind.  It's among the longest relationships I have ever managed to sustain.  And in many ways, the most fulfilling.  Blogging has been an adventure in self discovery.  There is something very telling in the things we write about.  From a glamorous and trivial beginning, I like to think I have grown in both content and punctuation.  Thank God, I learned to use paragraphs, (Mark!) It has been very cathartic and has helped me deal with some sad losses.  At times, it has strained my creativity and my imagination.  But I love it.

I have made some wonderful friends.  Mark, J.R. and Michelle and Erik are friends that have encouraged and supported me and let me into their 'writers club'.  I cherish the times we actually get together for conversation and coffee/and or drinks-which is not nearly often enough.  Others, especially Charles, have been steady with their words of support.   Some friends never comment, but call or text me their thoughts on what I have written.  It has opened me up to so many new perspectives and opinions that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise, creating new dialogues.  If my stats page is correct, I have readers around the world.  What an incredible thing to consider!

So as I hit 'publish' for the 315th. time, I want to thank you all.  It means more to me than you can ever know.   xo




4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, that is a long time for sure. Congrats! I guess it's been about that long for me, maybe even a bit more. I keep copies of my posts in my daily journal.

That ice you are hugging looks very cold.

the walking man said...

Uh yeah that paragraph thing was a milestone for sure, stopped me from being absolutely batshit crazy when reading. 315 play the number. And i won't tell you how many I have removed from my blog since 06.

Erik Donald France said...

Major congratulations, Jodi ~!

It's cool having a blog circle, an open one at that. Here's to writing steadily and stealthily for years ~ !

jodi said...

Charles-that ice WAS cold and would have made a great vodka luge! Mark-On Thursday you will have to explain to me what you have removed! Erik-Who knew?! It IS so very cool and I intend to keep trying. I love you guys and all your loyal support. Giant hugs and kisses. xoxo