Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Believer...

What day is it anyway???

 Tuesday?  Omigosh, I forgot to post!  Now that doesn't happen very often.  After arriving in the Keys on Saturday night, everything seems like a blur.  A very warm blur.  With long, sultry days with temps hovering at 80, it's very easy to lose track of time-and days.   And now, on Tuesday night at 8:58, all this fresh air and sun has me completely whipped.  When did I become such a wimp?

To add to the surreal situation, we put Warren out to sea today.  A small group of us gathered and remembered him in the place he loved to visit.  I read the post that I wrote shortly after we lost him with background music of some of his favorite songs.  My brother did the final honors and feel he is resting where he belongs-perpetually happy and at peace.  R.I.P. dear friend. xo

So, Dolls, on this happy note, with a belly full of mahi mahi and vodka, I am calling a 'blog pass' this for this week.  Kinda like a blog vaycay.  A blogstop.  A postacation.  We are heading to Key West today for more hi jinks, tomfoolery, and shenanigans.  Also, Mark (Walking Man) has me on some mission in the horticultural arena.  Seems that there is some interest in a certain yellow flower that happens to thrive in the tropical foliage at mile marker 0.  I promise to keep an eye out, Bud.

See you all next week, when hopefully I'll have my head together. 

Or not.... xoxo


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I missed a couple of blogging days and didn't even realize it. On vacation myself.

the walking man said...

Look next to the porch where Hemingway lived.

jodi said...

Charles-Hope you enjoyed some time off. We all need it sometimes! Mark-I promise to keep an eye out! Have a wonderful week you two scallywags! xo

Erik Donald France said...

That's a very serene photo, Jodi - yay!

Viking RIP to your friend.

Have you caught a night blooming cereus plant?

Cheers ~!