Monday, April 14, 2014

Dry Bones...

Bones.  Yeah, bones... Has anyone given their bones more than a passing thought lately?  Let me tell you a little story about my wake up call regarding my old bones.
 
Just before vacation I began having hip pain, in both hips.  Achy, twingey, ouchey pain.  On a coffee date, old buddy and runner extraordinaire, Jim (J.R.'s Thumbprints) sympathized and said it happens to us all sooner or later.  I had been training extra hard in anticipation of our annual 'Sloth, Indulgence and Debauchery Tour' and just figured that I had strained something a little.  Lord knows workin' it a little harder on the front end MAY help me maintain thru 3 Margarita lunches followed up with Key Lime pie.  Partyin' like an old rock star, for sure!
 
As the pain increased, I stopped with my customary run/walks and surrendered to just Tylenol and vodka to numb the pain a little.  I stayed busy with plenty of guests and just tried not to think about it too much.  The local Keys hospital specializes in removing fishhooks from thumbs and decompressing unfortunate divers.  Given this, I decided to wait until I got home to get an xray on my poor hips.  On Tuesday, my 'old sawbones' broke the news that yes, in fact, I DO have arthritis is both hips.  What!!! How old am I?  Like 90?
 
So now glucosamine and Tylenol are my two new B.F.Fs.  I hate it, but as in most things-it could be worse.  The bone scan I have scheduled will tell more and the blood work will determine the exact type and possible treatment.
 
So please darling readers, cross your fingers for me.  And for my part, I will work on acceptance for this latest curve that's been thrown at me. 
 
Damn dem ol' dry bones!!  xoxo

6 comments:

the walking man said...

Odd how I was told I had arthritis 20 years ago but was never in pain until after the last time I let some numbnuts surgeon cut on me. Watch the Tylenol the acetaminophen is a liver killer if you take to much.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear this. Lana has been dealing with arthritis in her back. I tell you getting older ain't for wimps. I hope you get good news about the treatment for it.

Erik Donald France said...

Good luck, Jodi ~ keep on keepin' on :->

Cheryl said...

Sissy, keep using the pain cream I made for you. All natural is definitely the way to go to ensure that you don't out live your liver! The oils are ordered!! Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Sissy, keep using the pain cream I made for you. All natural is definitely the way to go to ensure that you don't out live your liver! The oils are ordered!! Love ya!

jodi said...

Mark, Charles, Erik and Sissy, Thanks so much for all of your support and concern. Mark I will watch the Tylenol action. The pain cream with natural oils that Cheryl made me is giving me immense relief. And Erik, I plan to just keep on keepin' on! xoxoxo