Monday, July 14, 2014

Like a Rock...

Hello Darlings, from the 'Birthday Queen'.  Most of you know that I really do not find the day of my birth reason to throw a party, preferring to applaud my Mother for birthing me.  I did very little but enter the world and scream for food.  Birthdays are for kids.
However, many lovely peeps in my life insist on making me feel special.  Pictured above is friend and trainer extraordinaire, Tony, who just could not let my day pass.  He insisted that I wear a tiara and He and his lovely family, Jaime and Dexter showered me with gifts.  They were very thoughtful in their choices and proved just how very well they know me. 
Amongst the bounty o' the gift bag, there was an actual and official 'The Rock' doll! Only close and true friends know the depth of my love for Dwayne Johnson, a.k,a. 'The Rock'. Not only is he a sight for my sore, old eyes, but in interviews he comes across as a polite, intelligent and humorous dude.  Totally my type.  Sigh....
I've never been the sort that played much with dolls.  Oh yeah, I had the requisite  Barbie dolls and my mom made her the coolest outfits ever.  My Barbie was the envy of all my friends with her awesome wardrobe.  I, however, had barely the patience to dress her hard, sticky body and usually sent her off in her Kleenex box sports car, sporting high heels and sunglasses with a marabou tossed casually around her little neck. (an outfit, I, to this day envy!)  I have long since lost track of my Barbie's but my new Rock doll will take his place of extreme honor among my Ben Wallace bobble head and Hello Kitty figurines in my dressing room.
I really must thank Tony and Jaime for making me feel like a kid again, along with Randy, Rose, Kristin and my Mom.  Y'all are the best and so special to me.  Love from this old chick and Dwayne, The Rock, Johnson! xoxo
 
P.S. And if you ever want the best personal trainer ever, lookup Tony at T3 Training. He will kick your ass every time-and you will actually have fun doing it!  xoxo
 

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I assume you're going to be seeing the new Hercules then, with the Rock in it!

Hope you had a great birthday!

Erik Donald France said...

Hey hey Jodi, great ~! Love the pic, too ~!

jodi said...

Charles-not exactly my genre, but I will check it out on cable, just to see my boy! Erik-Queen for the Day. Can't beat that. You two dolls have a fabulous week! xo

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good birthday. Its good to feel special on your day!! Tiaras are all good on your birthday!! Love ya Rose