Monday, October 13, 2014

Under the Influence of Love...

It's been a chocolate martini kinda week. And that's never a bad thing.

On Wednesday, good friends Tom and Kara announced to us that in the spring they will welcome their first child. With tears and hugs we toasted the good news, all except the little Mommy who sipped her water.  We are so happy for them and that will certainly be one lucky baby.  Hopefully I can horn in a little and babysit sometime even tho I will have to stand in line behind some very anxious grandparents!  Congrats Tom and Kara!

On Saturday, we joined cousins Chelsea and Andrew as they said their vows.  There is not much prettier than an outdoor fall wedding, especially with the sun shining down on the lake and spiked cider to sip during the ceremony.  The bride and groom are old friends that just realized their love a couple of years ago.  We again toasted, this time to a life of happiness and love.  Congrats Chels and Andrew!

On Thursday of this week, my sissy Cheryl and I will train it to Chicago for a long weekend.  It is my first ever visit to the Windy City and I'm getting so-o-o-o excited.  Cheryl has some training stuff to do and I will do what I am best trained for-shopping!  I will need no pointers in that department, it comes naturally...Her and I will hook up after her classes for some dining and exploration.   Hope the weather isn't too cold and windy,  and is suitable for dragging shopping bags around.  And Cheryl and I will surely toast our friendship.

Wonder if they can make a Hot Chocolate Martini?  My bet is yes!

Hope you have a week filled with happiness and love.  Oh, and chocolate!  xo



3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sissy, we go to the Windy City next week, not this week. I know you are excited but don't start packing just yet :) We depart on Thursday, October 23! Can't wait to spend time with you in the Windy City. Love you! xoxoxo

Charles Gramlich said...

Hot chocolate martini? What will they think of next?

jodi said...

Sissy, I am admittedly a bubblehead! C u on Thursday! Charles-It's not a true martini-no gin or even vodka! Tasted just like a Milky Way. Yummy. Enjoy your week, Dolls. xo