Monday, November 17, 2014

Something Big...

What the hell is going on?  Can the quest for celebrity degenerate any lower?  I am so disgusted by the in-your-face, blatant, self promotion of these 'asstastic stars'.

Jennifer Lopez, the mother of two, takes every chance she can to show and shake her butt.  And when it wasn't enough, she paired up with a younger pop star and did a dual rumpy thing.  Nicki Minaj has rumored to have had implants making her already huge ass titanic in proportion-and she loves to show the world what she paid for.  And what the hell for?  I am genuinely flummoxed by all the attention that this body part is garnering.  But at least these three can sing.  Okay sorta...

Now comes along the biggest self promoter of all.  Kim Kardashian.  The girl who made a blue movie and 'thrust' herself into the spotlight, with no visible talent other than beauty, Kim has become a household word.  She can't sing, dance or otherwise amuse me, and yet every time I turn on my homepage, there she is, showing her ample junk.  I read that she earned 43 million in three months by loaning her image to a video game.  Are you kidding me?

What happened to old Hollywood glamour?  Are we so overstimulated by technology that it takes a real shocker to grab our interest?  I loved it when Marilyn, Jane, Audrey, Lauren, Bette and the such were models of modesty and true glamour.  They looked and acted like ladies and there was a mystery that kept us intrigued and wanting more-without airbrushing!  Class without ass, I say.....

Well, now that I have acknowledged the very thing and names I abhor, I guess I've made my point.  Don't you think this is a sad trend that is now becoming normal?  I hate it in print, song lyrics and the way I see women dress.  I can't imagine trying to raise a daughter in this culture.  Pathetic.


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Can't really understand their appeal myself. I know I'm not the market for it.

the walking man said...

I looked at her tits and ass in Paper on line. My only thought was 50 is coming honey and what will you have to sell then?

Erik Donald France said...

"I loved it when Marilyn, Jane, Audrey, Lauren, Bette and the such were models of modesty and true glamour."

Rich or poor, famous or not, many more people in general used to take pride in how they dressed (nattily), more than worrying about labels and brands. Good idea then and good idea now. More people now prefer to have slob personas, or those of booty-bouncing attention-grabbers.

On the other hand, if Kim K wants to shake her "moneymaker" to the world so it is. Better that any day than head-chopping ISIS fanatics ~!

jodi said...

Okay, okay, okay. I admit it boys. I hit the gym and did squats and lunges in a valiant effort to shore up the old boo-tay. I am a vain, old woman who misses her high ass. Don't hate, cuz I luv all of you! xo