Monday, November 3, 2014

Pay for it...

All over Chicago I saw statues of horses painted and decorated in amazing ways.  I asked and found out that the public art installation was honoring the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation.  Each horse is named after a fallen hero of the Chicago police department.  The proceeds from a live auction will go to the families of the injured or killed in the line of duty officers.  How cool is that?

But, of course, this beautiful tribute had to fall victim to idiots that just couldn't help but lean on or push over some of the horses.  There were even photo ops gone bad as too many people tried to pose on the statues.  Accidents do happen, but vandalism?  I simply cannot understand how anyone could do that.  Are you bored?  Showing off?  Pissed off?  Completely shameful.

And as I ponder that travesty, I came home to my own little drama.  The cans that hold the spotlights in my yard were knocked over as well as two of my mum plants.  And just to add a personal touch, a large-and still full-cup of Speedway coffee was left on the front porch.  Hmmmmm, guess all in all, it was a pretty light touch and certainly nothing to compare with the poor horsies.  Skipping passing out Halloween candy was my crime and someone just had to 'trick' me a little.  Oh well, 'treating' myself at my Sister's restaurant was well worth it!

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just remember that lesson that we learned in kindergarten. Don't touch other peoples things and keep your hands to yourself.  And for crying out loud, never leave a FULL cup of coffee anywhere-cuz that's truly nuts!

Happy November my Darlings! xoxo

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

These kinds of exhibitions seem more common these days. We had one kind of like that down here involving fish. Lana did one.

Erik Donald France said...

Hear hear on the coffee ~ what a waste!

Crazy on the vandalism. But what a cool idea on the horse installations for fallen police & their families. That is great.

jodi said...

Charles-How cool! Erik-I actually viewed the art WITH a giant cuppa! Have a great week you two! xo