Monday, May 18, 2015

Doll Parts...

                 
 
It happens a couple of times a year.  A wave of creativity so strong it has me clipping Micheal's coupons.  And I hate clipping coupons.  It seems such a responsible and thrifty thing to do, but somehow I never have those little discounts with me when I need them.  I stand at the counter and dig thru my wallet just to come up empty or with an expired coupon.  But I buy the stuff anyways.  Paint, brushes, canvases, wreath making supply and such.  I have made two 'D' wreaths, one for me and one for my Mom.  The baseball themed wreaths now grace both of our doors.  I happily painted, hot glued and ribbon tied myself into contentment.  My neighbor Shirley brought over 2 yard toads and some frogs on a branch that had faded.  I busted out my paints and gave all the critters a makeover complete with a special effect that will leave 'em sparking when the sun hits them.  I love to just disappear in the effort.  But when I saw a picture on Pinterest of doll head planters, I had to try to create them.  Friend Marty is know to have a taste for the bizarre, so I knew they would have a home amongst his black petunias and other dark foliage.  I did feel a little strange, buying dolls from the Sal Val only to behead them and give them full lobotomies.  Then came the makeup and piercing before planting back their 'hair'.   "Going Postal" then next day aired them to an unexpecting Marty.  In addition to all this nonsense, I have been haunting local flower nurseries to find what's new for my flower beds and pots.  I also am full on organizing garage, basement, beach house and more.  Like I said, this happens to me every spring when the flowers bloom-so do I.  So that's some of what I've been up to this spring.  I plant to wrap this all up by June 01, where I will switch over to my Dog Days of Summer routine that includes much laziness and many books.  Anyone else inspired? 
P.S.  As as happened in the past, I cannot indent or space out paragraphs.  I apologize for this and swear I will get me some computer 'edjamacation'!   xoxo Happy Spring!! xoxo
 
 

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I know what you mean about coupons. I forget them all the time.

Erik Donald France said...

I love it! Those are great, Jodi ~!

Coupons, rarely use them but every once in a while.

Yes, for me the "KonMari" method continues in action. Have done a ton of stuff, though not yet so cool as doll head planters ~~!

jodi said...

Charles-At least I use my in store discount cards. Kroger grocery bills are significantly reduced! Erik-I have been reading about that method and there is even a book on the subject on the bestsellers list! I think we just are crazy consumers and that is the result! Have a great week you two and thanks, as always, for commenting. xo