Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Birthday, Mr. President...

 
Happy Monday and Happy Birthday to the one and only Marilyn Monroe-who would have been 89 years old today.  I have a picture of her with the quote, "I don't want to make money, I just want to be glamorous."  I love that.  I also have a black and white pic of one of her most iconic poses.  I have read probably 3 biographies on Marilyn and have investigated the conspiracy theories regarding her death.  ( I do believe it was accidental.)  She was an outwardly beautiful, warm, intelligent and bawdy broad-as her good friend Frankie S. used to say.  I wonder how her life would have panned out had she lived.  R.I.P. Marilyn.

Also, good news!  My dollfriend, Michelle is back!  Yes, after a long absence from the blogosphere, her Michelle's Spell is active.  As one of the original supporters of the j spot, as well as a good friend of mine, I am happy to see her return.  Check out her blog for some always amusing adventures of her and Baby Grouchie.

Have a good week and please keep me in your thoughts as I close out the hardest year of my life.  Love to you all. xoxo

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I saw some mention of her birthday. She sure has been remembered

Cheryl said...

Sissy, you and Randy have been on my mind constantly this week. I know this is such a hard week for both of you. I wish I had a magic wand to make this last year of pain disappear but I don't. All I can offer you never ending love, support and comfort. Dane was so lucky to have you as a Mom and Randy as a Dad and I know he loved you both very much and still does. I know in my heart that he is watching over all of us... sometimes I feel him near me and it gives me comfort. Dane will never be forgotten and will always be in our hearts and memories and nothing can ever take that away from us! Hugs to both you and R from me. Love you!!!!

the walking man said...

Yep...Good thoughts to you. Awful odd how certain people just pop up when someone is talking about them isn't it?

jodi said...

Charles-I don't why, but along with the Kennedy's, I have always been fascinated. The modern tragedy of it all I guess.. Sissy-You have been an iron strong support system for me. I love you. xo Mark- Can you believe it? Michelle's ears must have been ringin'! Have a great week my lovelies! xoxoxo

Erik Donald France said...

Marilyn is cool, and the Kennedys -- all forever fascinating as part of the American cultural landscape.