Monday, May 9, 2016

Love, Hope and Misery...

Just a note to tell you all how pleased I am about how my two readings that went on last Saturday.  At the first one, I was nervous, but muddled through.  The crowd held familiar faces plus faces I had never met.  After I read, I asked if anyone had any questions they would like to ask me.  When nobody responded, I asked if anyone would like to add anything.  I was thrilled to listen as a number of people stood up and told a story regarding Dane or I.  The mood lifted and I was tickled to death.  People started to get in line to purchase the book and one by one came up to my table.  One lady told me of her son that had mental illness and committed suicide.  She confided that she never understood how he could do what he did.  Another girl, 14 years old came up and whispered, "I have anxiety."  Another lady told me that her brother had just died of an overdose.  Another girl was hoping to understand a friends addicted husband.  On and on it went....I left totally overwhelmed at the outpouring of support.

At four I arrived at Rosa's to a good crowd already milling about.  My sister had me all set up and even had flowers on the table.  The reading went well and this time there were questions.  People genuinely wanted to know about addiction and how they could help.  Again, as I signed books, I heard more stories of heartache and pain.

Two days later I am still smiling.  I have two more readings scheduled in the future and I promise I will be more relaxed.  I ordered another stash of books today and am anxious to get more feedback.  I'm not gonna lie, I am still smiling.

Thank you to my family and friends who supported me in my dream.   xo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm so glad it went well!

Erik Donald France said...

Wonderful, Jodi. This is what it's all about with writing & connecting. Full engagement. Congratulations and onward !

the walking man said...

Good job -- keep up the momentum.

jodi said...

Charles- it did! Sold out of 100 books! Erik-It meant so much to have listeners engage and identify with me! Mark-100 more books arrived today. Visiting the Macomb County Sheriff office tomorrow! Thanks for the support Friends! xo