Monday, May 16, 2016

Short Skirt and a Long Jacket...

 
"A party without cake is just a meeting." Julia Child

On rare occasions I like to treat myself to the ultimate in sensual pleasure.  A full body experience I like to call a 'cakegasm'.  Yes friends, a dark chocolate lava cake is my pleasure.  I indulge rarely and it's worth it in every way. 

Cake..Caaakaaahhhh.  Even saying it is delicious.  As kids we would beg for my Mom's homemade sheet cake in all it's chocolate gooeyness-consuming large squares of it, before bolting outside and burning it all off.  Or it's more glamorous cousin, Red Velvet Cake.  That cake for desert, could turn a mediocre meatloaf dinner into a 5 star dining experience.  It's still one of my favorites.  As an adult, I also love carrot cake-you know, the healthy sounding cake.  As I plunge into the cream cheese frosting, my eyes roll back in my head and  I almost believe it!  Why does devil's food cake always taste better than angel food cake?   And how about 'wedding white cake'?  Undoubtedly it's the best part of the whole celebration. I will eat a four course reception dinner with all the capacity of a sparrow, saving room for when they finally cut that cake!  Me and that fluffy white cake with the sweet, thick frosting-now there's a match made in heaven.  And always I take a slice home wrapped up for later, sometimes necessitating licking the napkin to enjoy the sweetness.  I've never been able to put it under my pillow and dream sweet dreams.  More like roll around in sweet crumbs.

When something special happens to us, it's the icing on the cake.  For sure, just make sure mine is spread on extra thick.  Have your cake and eat it too?  Never understood that one.  As opposed to saving it?  Giving it away?  Having cake is ONLY about eating it too.   When something is easy it is referred to as a 'piece of cake'.  All good things=CAKE. 

Whether she truly said it or not, I agree with Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cake!"  As possible 2016 presidential platform?   Different and better than the ones we have been hearing, that's for sure.  A sure vote getter for me!

Have a great sweet week my darling cupcakes and if things get rough, eat some cake.  Feel the magic!   xo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Cake and I unfortunately have a very limited relationship yet I do remember some fine ones that my father the chemist made in decades gone by.

Charles Gramlich said...

My mouth is watering.

jodi said...

Mark-It would only serve me right to have that problem when I could subsist wholly on cake! Charles-I know right! Have a sweet week, Dolls! xo