Monday, November 14, 2016

24K Magic.....

How about a little throwback pic of me and my dollfriend, Stacey at her wedding.  Not sure of the exact year, but I guess it to be around 2000.  It was a very happy celebration.  But bittersweet.  Stacey and her hubby were moving to Texas and I feared I would never see her again.  I cried all the way home that night.

Recently, I had a chance to hook back up with this darling girl.  From the moment we met at the salon, our connection was magic.  I may have been the big sister she never had and she may have been another little sister for me.  We shared a common interest in literature and irony.  We loved to 'get it' and look at each other and crack up laughing in total understanding.  We have helped each other through the darkest moments of our lives and wouldn't have had it any other way. 

But life can sometimes get in the way and even with fond thoughts, it's hard to stay in touch.  A couple of weeks ago, Stacey and our mutual friend, Kim, and I got together for breakfast.  It was the most wonderful reunion ever!  We all hit the ground running as the friends we always were.  We all drank coffee and talked all at the same time as we caught up on each others lives.  What, I ask you, is better than that?  We have vowed to stay in closer touch and make our meet ups more regular.

I drove home with a smile on my face knowing that this was a true and real thing.  I've always known that true friendships are special and genuine-no matter how long the separation. 

So guard your friendships.  Nurture them, respect them and make time for them.  They are the people you choose to guard your secrets and love you unconditionally.  I can't say how happy that makes me.xoxo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Jodi the social animal out and about. Goodness I am slightly happy I have trimmed back my social contacts, I could never keep up your pace Kiddo.

jodi said...

Mark-Yes, I do get around although this pic was a throwback! I cool it at home much of the time, too! Take care, old Buddy. Love, j xo

Erik Donald France said...

Fabulous, Jodi! Love the pic !