Monday, February 20, 2017

All I Really Need...

"All I really needed to know I learned in Kindergarten."  And it's true.  While visiting my Godchild Nikki's class last month, I could easily see that the life lessons are worked on by Nikki and the kids.  In addition to the basics-sharing, flushing, keeping hands to yourself-the kids worked on art, sang some songs, and a few even curled up and took a nap.  The kids were polite and loving, (I got lots of hugs!) and proud to show me what they were learning.  I am proud to say that Nikki is very engaged and dedicated to her class and the things they are working on.

In reading over Robert Fulgham's list of the 16 life lessons to be learned in kindergarten, the one I like the best is #11.  It states,  "Live a balanced life-learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some."  I love it and it truly describes how I try to live my life.  And I want to thank Mrs. Kalish (Nikki) and my friends-her darling little people for playing with me and letting me feel like a kid again.

Oh, and about #12-"Take a nap every afternoon."  No need to teach me that one!  That's a lesson I've got down cold!  zzzzzzzzz xoxo

1 comment:

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, zen-livin' style ~ good stuff ~ !