Monday, May 8, 2017

Most Girls...

As a person who is fortunate enough to avoid 8 weeks of winter I know I shouldn't complain.  And I've always been bored by people who use the weather as their main source of conversation.  Is it going to be too cold to go to the Tiger's game?  Is it going to be too hot to go to the art festival?  What if it rains at the outdoor wedding venue?  Is the sleet going to cause the roads to be too treacherous for us to drive up north?  Will our condo survive hurricane season this year?  And my personal greatest fear-is it going to be windy?  I hate and am scared of high winds.  Those of you who know me, know that I will take to my bed with the pets and fervently pray to be delivered from the possible tragedy that could befall me and the furbabies should we have a giant tree crash across the bed.

But really...It's May 8 and it should be spring!  We only have 4 seasons and it's time for a new one!  Past time, if you ask me.  Last week found me moaning and groaning about the gray and rainy days.  Unmotivated and sluggish, I complained and commiserated with anyone who would participate. And I bored the hell out of myself.

As Michiganders we seem to be bonded in our struggle to deal with our unpredictable condition.  It is our true commonality and we are strongly attached to the way in which our weather can sometimes control our lives.  Survivors of crazy weather is one thing we have going for us and I think it has made us all adaptable creatures.

So instead of complaining, I am going to try to live in the moment and NOT wish I was back chillin' with my little tribe of mermaids in the pool where it's 80 and sunny every day.

What fun is that?
xo

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

we've had a very good year so far here. Weather wise that is'

jodi said...

Charles-We still have our fingers crossed, hoping to put a few good days together!