Monday, November 20, 2017

Helter Skelter...

Charlie Manson died today.

As far as I'm concerned, that could be his full obituary.

I clearly remember that in my junior year of high school, hidden behind my biology book, was the book, "Helter Skelter."  (It's no wonder I barely passed the frog dissection!) I was morbidly fascinated by this true story of a diminutive cult leader and his followers that would do anything he ordered.  Before DNA testing, high tech security cameras and computers and even cell phones, evidence had to be put together so very carefully.  It probably was my first foray into the true crime genre that still interests me today.  And the fact that the very glamorous Sharon Tate was a victim, well..that just added to the intrigue.  I have always been curious at how anyone could have the brain that justifies murderous behavior.  In another life, I think I would love to explore criminal psychology-what an addition to my resume' that would be!

I have long since lost any interest I had in ol' Charlie.  He was a sick and twisted individual that did not even deserve to live to 83.  But it was never for me to decide.  He can answer to St. Pete and garner his true just rewards.  I am happy to 'close that chapter' in our history.

With Thanksgiving a few days away, I am thankful for all the usual things-without taking anything or anyone for granted.  Life is too precious and tenuous to do anything else. 

Have a peaceful holiday, my darlings.  xo





1 comment:

jodi said...

Been a long time that I've had no comments! XO