Monday, January 14, 2019

Shallow...

Recently I remarked to a friend, 'tomorrow is going to be hellish.  I'm just so busy all day.  First I have to work out, then I have a doctors appointment including a flu shot, then I have a dentist appointment,  I have to squeeze in a Kroger/Target run and THEN we have a dinner date!'

 Yeah,  that's rough, girlfriend....Sucks to be you...

I often wonder if it's easier to schedule these commitments on alternating days, or just take a day and plow through them all.  Wait.  What?  I realized that I was being, well, a little spoiled and ALOT ungrateful.

Yes, being too 'busy' is something I hate and my perfect day includes one errand and then working from home.  Or napping from home....

The luxury of a gym membership and the flexibility to use it at will is certainly something to be grateful for.  Having insurance to cover my health appointments is a BIG (and costly!)  luxury and not one to be taken for granted.  At times, I did not have insurance, and for this I should be entirely grateful.  Being able to stroll thru Target and Kroger and get 'necessities' can be a pain, but really?  A dinner with friends is something I love and never is a problem, but on top of a busy day, well, it just seems like something else to 'do.'  Oh, poor little old me.

So it dawns on my that I have everything-even daily routines, to be grateful for.   The bigger things that I am happy about would not even happen with some of the behind the scenes efforts.

I promise to check myself before ever ranting on about my hardship and it's pressing schedule.  And if all else fails, I'll just wear a fuzzy purple hat!

Stay grateful and warm my friends.   XO

No comments: