Monday, January 7, 2019

Get Enough...

I've heard it said that 'Reading is FUNdamental!'  For me, reading is life.  Either way, you can bet that dollfriend and fellow bookworm, Shannon and I have plenty to discuss in the book department.  Both of us are perfectly content to sit poolside with our noses buried in a book with only the occasional glance up to look at the ocean.  Fellow 'relaxers' circle us like impatient land sharks, wondering what we want to do next and cannot conceive that we are actually already 'doing it!'  So easily amused, and such low maintenance chickies are we...

Friends often ask me to recommend a read for them, so I took a minute to single out some 2018 favorite reads.  It was very painful to choose just five and I feel like I have ditched some other book/friends.  Can't help it-I get very attached to characters and their stories.

Among my top picks-if you are interested-as follows:

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner
North of Normal by Cea Sunrise Person
Greetings from Utopia Park by Claire Hoffman

I'm not sure why, but I usually read women authors involving women who struggle and triumph.  Power in the female spirit-Oh yeah!

Have you read any of my picks?  Did you like the story?  What are you reading?  Let me know!




2 comments:

Lori Mess said...

My very favorite author is the one and only James Patterson. I love his Alex Cross series books but one of his very BEST book was co-written with Bill Clinton. Titled "The President is Missing".
OUTSTANDING Book!

jodi said...

Hi Doll, I have read many a JP also! Thanks for the recommendation. P.S. Miss U! xo